Old 10-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #1

City: Olympia
Budd Inlet Newbie

Hi I am new to trawlers and will be bringing our new to us LaBelle home to Olympia in a few days. This will be out sixth boat in 13 years, but our first "slow" one; tho we cruised out 32 bayliner with twin Hino`s at 9 and 10 knots too. It s going to be a big change going from 32 to 43 feet. We`ve been at Swantown for the last 5 years and love it there so we will be there for a while longer still. anyway... so there ya go !
cappy1.rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
cappy1.rm,
Welcome aboard.
We plan to spend some time down there next summer and looking fwd to it.
Swantown .... that sounds nice.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:05 PM   #3

City: Everett, Wa
Vessel Name: The 6-Pack
Vessel Model: 1974 Custom Aluminum Pilothouse
Post some pictures! We made it south as far as Gig Harbor this year but had planned to go down and check out Olympia. Everett is a nice stop on the way to the San Juan's. Tons of space and plenty of restaurants! What kind of power does that boat have?
6-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #4
Guru

City: Port Townsend, WA
Vessel Name: Traveler
Vessel Model: Cheoy Lee 46 LRC
We did the South Sound this summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. We lived in and cruised the San Juans for years so it was a real nice change of pace. Had a lot of fun in Olympia (on the OYC recip dock and Percival Landing for a few nights), and really enjoyed going to and filming video cruising guides for all the state parks. You have some nice cruising grounds down there.

Enjoy the new-to-you boat. You'll be quite comfortable!
https://www.theboatgeeks.com
Moonfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Vessel Model: 43 Ocean Tri-cabin w/Cummins V555
Welcome to trawlers!
You got a Very Nice Looking Trawler. Looked at it when it was listed earlier this year. When do you bring it home?
We will look for you in the area. Enjoy the trip South
Harbor Nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #6

We are going to Seattle Sunday morning to bring it down to Swantown. Earlier plans included doing it Saturday but with the new weather front coming in late Friday nite with high winds we decided to postpone it a day.
We initially looked at the boat in July 0f 2012 and fell in love with it, but at the time the asking price was just a bit too high to feel comfortable with so we just waited, and waited, and waited. Anyway circumstances finally changed so we were able to get it. Haul out was on the 22nd and all zincs were replaced, bottom cleaned, and hull sounded. Paperwork is now finished, so now we just have to get it home. I will be taking lots of pics and some video on the journey home and will post them when I learn how to.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
GFC
Guru

City: Tri Cities, WA
Rick, glad to see you join TF. Nice bunch of guys on here and a lot of knowledge to pick up. Congrats on getting the new boat. It has taken me a couple of years but I've learned that going slow saves a LOT of diesel fuel. We do most of our cruising at 8-9kts and that's just fine. I'm not sure I could do it without an autopilot, but it's not bad to just set the course, go below and fix some lunch, take a nap, etc. Just kidding, of course. You know me better than that.

BTW, are you headed to the boat show in Seattle? We'll be there opening weekend. If you're going, I'll PM you with my cell number so we can get together.

GFC
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 PM   #8

GFC , yes we will be going to the boat show... I was told there was a law that a boat owner had to go. Don't know what weekend,. but then again I might go both weekends.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 AM   #9

City: South Puget Sound, WA
And a very nice and pleasant cruise we had coming south in cappy1's new slowboat. We did hit 13.2 mph coming through the Narrows on a flood tide. It is a comfortable ride and the Volvos run smooth as silk. Nice new to you boat cappy, thanks for the ride.
Budds Outlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budds Outlet View Post
And a very nice and pleasant cruise we had coming south in cappy1's new slowboat. We did hit 13.2 mph coming through the Narrows on a flood tide. It is a comfortable ride and the Volvos run smooth as silk. Nice new to you boat cappy, thanks for the ride.
You`re welcome. Thanks for doing most of the driving while I checked out the systems. It was fun finding out what circuit is being managed by what breaker, water systems, lights,,, etc,. Took most of the trip to figure everything out. Discovered I have a few things to fix but nothing major.
Once again thanks for your help. !