New to site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rzienka

Hello all.
I’m new here and have been enjoying reading through the posts. Lots of great info.
Reading some posts on boat buying, I saw some suggestions about strolling through marinas as it could be a great place to find a boat.
Do you just drive to a marina and walk the docks? Would you call ahead and let the marina know your intentions to look for boats that are for sale?
I’ve been looking in yacht world and boat trader for some time and I think I’d like to see some boats in person.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Unless access to the docks is gated, I would just show up and wander around. I really don't think it would hurt to introduce yourself to marina staff and express your interest in buying a boat and perhaps renting a slip (business for them). Great time to ask the staff if they know of anyone wanting to sell OR if there may be neglected boats potentially up for sale. Talk to the folks on the docks as well.

new to the site myself. welcome aboard.

Welcome, boaters love to show off their boats, just ask!

Ron
Owners love compliments and it's a pretty good way to start a conversation. In learning mode I would ask owners what kind of boating they do most of the time, day trips, short cruises extended, etc. I'd then ask what they like most about their boat and what they would change if they could or would look for in their next boat.
Walking, gawking and talking boats can be fun and interesting.

Back
Top Bottom