New from the PNW

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill V

Vessel Name
Joint Venture
Vessel Make
1978 GlasPly 2800 mid cabin
Being a long time boater and having cruised for years in the PNW and as far north as the Broughton Islands i decided to join up and learn more about life on a trawler. My present "Joint Venture" is a 1978 GlasPly midcabin 28' with twin 2017 Vortec roller cam "bullet proof" 383/6.3L full roller 350hp engines. I have owned this boat for 16 years and I've either replaced it, restored it, rebuilt it, repainted it or repaired it. It is equipped with Simrad auto pilot, 200 gal fuel tanks, 65 gal water tank, 3.8kw generator, freezer and cabin furnace. I fish the west side of Vancouver Island in August and Campbell River in June. Up till I installed an auto pilot I hated slow cruising because my GlasPly has very little keel and wandered horribly at slow speeds. Now with auto pilot I love slow cruising and find it is so much more relaxing when compared to 20-30 knot fast cruising. Lynden WA is home and I keep my boat in Bellingham Squalicum Marina from May to October and have it slung onto my 3 axle trailer for winter storage in my heated shop where another "project" is completed.

Attachments

• GP2020bow.jpg
    GP2020bow.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 12
  • GP2020side.jpg
    GP2020side.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Welcome to TF. Beautiful boat. Thanks for sharing the pics

Welcome to TF and with the pics that's a great way to introduce yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom