New owners & first question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Govino

Vessel Name
Stargazer
Vessel Make
Albin 36 ET
Hello,
After a few years of following TF, we purchased a wonderful 1999 Albin 36ET and are proud new owners. Took possession last fall, had a fair amount of bottom work and painting done on the hard and now have a nice covered slip to protect her. This winter has generated lots of tree debris floating into SF bay and our slip collects debris (I think the newest paint job/best looking boats attracts the biggest chunks). Any suggestions on a homemade debris boom I could tie across our slip end to block this stuff from bumping the hull and clogging up the slip? I was thinking of a few ways to construct one but wondered if some else has already found an effective method. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_7994_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_7994_1024.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 70
Some of us in the SF Delta area use a string of "noodles," the colorful swimmers toy, to keep debris out of our slips. Each has a hole through the middle making it easy to string several on a line, to then attach to the end of the finger.

Hello,
After a few years of following TF, we purchased a wonderful 1999 Albin 36ET and are proud new owners.
I don't have anything to add to your post other than to say I've always been attracted to that model. I believe it will serve you well!

Thanks - that's what I was thinking and maybe insert the noodles in some black plastic drain line for a little protection. Good to know it works for you.

Welcome aboard. I think I might give the noodles covered by black drain pipe idea first. If it doesn’t work not too much of a loss.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom