New owner, and info request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoCal949

I've just purchased my first trawler, a Grand Banks 36 Europa, and now am in the throes of deciding how to get it from Anacortes WA to its new home port in Newport Beach CA.

Present plans call for transport by ship from Victoria Canada to Ensenada Mexico in mid-September. Transit to Victoria is covered, but I would appreciate advice on getting the boat delivered from Ensenada to Newport, since I'll be unable to get there and bring her up myself.

Can anyone recommend a qualified and reliable delivery captain in either Ensenada or San Diego?

I am sure you will have no trouble finding somebody in San Diego familiar with the trip and qualified. Too bad you aren't running her down the coast yourself, maybe with a qualified skipper if you are not. Wonderful learning about your boat opportunity. Congrats on a nice boat!

I know a couple delivery Captains in SD. Send me a PM with your contact information and I can provide you their contact information. The entrance out of Ensenada is tricky. If you do decide to bring it up yourself, I would still recommend you bring someone who knows the area.

Back in 2002 we ran our then boat from Washington State down to LA. Fun trip, with a few white knuckle times and one time that I thought we were going to die off the Columbia River. Overall it was a blast. Had a crew of 4 or 5 aboard. The biggest seas were about 18’ but the period made them doable. We did leave the boat for a month due to 60+ knot winds predicted and we couldn’t get back any sooner to finish the trip. But if you don’t have the time then I guess you either have to hire a captain or ship it.

Back
Top Bottom