New old boater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tekdiver

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1988 Cerria 2655
Hi wife and I are back in Boating again. Wanted trailer able without permits so we ended up in a 1988 Bay liner 2655 Bought her inexpensive and were making her our own. We live in Chehalis WA so Olympia is our gate way to Puget Sound
We will be cruising The San Juan Island when Our Governor releases us from lock down.
Good part is boat will be bristol by then!

Last edited by a moderator:
tekdiver,
Welcome to the forum.
Those old Bayliners are usually a good buy and quite good boats too. A large builder like Bayliner can afford to put much more engineering and frequently better materials through buying in volume. Things over the years often get fixed re design and again materials.

Is your’s an OB or an IO?
What’s your tow vehicle?

We were recently in Olympia and so. sound.

Attachments

• 38448CAC-E4DE-40F4-A1D7-E719F4A34963.jpg
    38448CAC-E4DE-40F4-A1D7-E719F4A34963.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 31
Welcome aboard. Good luck with your new boat. We are ready to launch ours for the summer. Have to wait til the 30th here.

Good choice for a boat, especially if it is straight inboard. Its probably an inboard outboard which can be problems but good luck either way.

Welcome Aboard!

pete

Hey Pete,
Hadn’t thought of a traditional inboard.
I was thinking of an OB.

tekdiver,
Welcome to the forum.
Those old Bayliners are usually a good buy and quite good boats too. A large builder like Bayliner can afford to put much more engineering and frequently better materials through buying in volume. Things over the years often get fixed re design and again materials.

Is your’s an OB or an IO?
What’s your tow vehicle?

We were recently in Olympia and so. sound.

Mines a 5.7 liter i/o only 200 hrs engine and he hit a log so outdrive is all of 50 hours old. He let his grand kids play in it so interior is rough working on it now. Replacing the windows and about to rebuild the two hatches kids cracked the backside of one. one more tinted window to replace upgraded to 1/4 in lexan and clear for more light. The electric achol was damaged so replaced with Propane.

Good choice for a boat, especially if it is straight inboard. Its probably an inboard outboard which can be problems but good luck either way.

Welcome Aboard!

pete

Right now my dream boat is a 27 foot ranger with outboard but wallet says noo

tekdiver, welcome to TF from another WA boater. Good choice in your Bayliner. People who aren't familiar with the Bayliners some times bad mouth them. I think they're a stout boat that is very seaworthy and will give you many years of fun and good service.

We're in the Tri Cities so not too far from you.

GFC

tekdiver, welcome to TF from another WA boater. Good choice in your Bayliner. People who aren't familiar with the Bayliners some times bad mouth them. I think they're a stout boat that is very seaworthy and will give you many years of fun and good service.

We're in the Tri Cities so not too far from you.

GFC

You cruse up and down the columbia?

Bayliner was the industry leader in getting extra room into a 26 foot boat. Lots of room in smallish boats.

pete

Bayliner was the industry leader in getting extra room into a 26 foot boat. Lots of room in smallish boats.

pete

Yes and the 88 has a fishing platform on the rear that they did away with in the 90s so I have comfortable inside a radar arch and nice covered outside seating cabin heat and a great place to fish its a great compromise boat for what I do. If I was young and dumb again I could scuba dive off of it. but Puget Sound feels way to cold at 65 years of age!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom