New to Motor Boating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manak

My wife and I (now in my mid seventies) are moving over from sail for an easier life and looking for a 42 foot plus trawler yacht in which to enjoy our love of the sea at a moderate pace.

Welcome aboard :thumb:

Many here have made such a move and are willing to share what they've learned. Ask away and be sure to try "search > advanced search > keyword > titles only" to rummage through a gazzilion questions already asked & answered.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. Keep checking the for sale on this forum.

:blush:Why so late? Made the switch 10 years ago, and I'm now in the mid-seventies.

Attachments

• ICaptain.jpg
    ICaptain.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side and welcome to Trawler Forum.

You will find both experiences to be enlightening..

pete

Welcome aboard! What took you so long?

Don't forget to add your location in your whatever its called on the side. Location matters when it comes to recommendations, warnings, etc.

My wife and I (now in my mid seventies) are moving over from sail for an easier life and looking for a 42 foot plus trawler yacht in which to enjoy our love of the sea at a moderate pace.

Yup. A common theme. Where are you?

Thank you!

Thank you all for your welcome! (I did not expect so many responses).
I am from the South of England and usually keep my boats in the Channel Islands which we love. Normally cruising to Brittany is a delight but what with COVID is difficult at present.
Our VAT situation now restricts our option as to where we can purchase a boat that we can use in our home country but we are thinking in terms of a Grand Banks MY.

Thank you all for your welcome! (I did not expect so many responses).
I am from the South of England and usually keep my boats in the Channel Islands which we love. Normally cruising to Brittany is a delight but what with COVID is difficult at present.
Our VAT situation now restricts our option as to where we can purchase a boat that we can use in our home country but we are thinking in terms of a Grand Banks MY.
Yes, welcome to TF indeed. You are in a very pretty place on the planet. And as rsn48 suggested, please make a point of going in and editing your profile, and fleshing it out a bit, especially with respect to where you are based and where your main cruising ground is. It is so helpful later on when this thread, and where you did add those bits, has become history. :flowers:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom