New member in Turkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Irish Rover

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Irish Rover
Vessel Make
Fountaine Pajot Greenland 34
Hi All,
I'm in Turkey but as you might guess from my boat name I'm Irish. I recently bought a 2003 FP Greenland 34 motorized Cat and although I won't take delivery until late March I'm hoping to learn a lot before then from all the experienced Trawlers on this forum.
regards
Seamas

Hello and welcome to the group.
There is a lot to read and digest here.

Welcome Seamas. We were in Kusadasi (and Istanbul) a few years back. Stopped on a cruise ship. Loved Turkey! The waters are beautiful and the people were warm. It is definitely on the short list for a longer stay. If you care to divulge, tell us a little of your story.

Thanks, Easting. Yes Turkey is a great spot and wonderful people who know how to enjoy life and, for the most part, don't take themselves too seriously. Not a lot to tell really. We've been here about 15 years involved in the tourism business. Unfortunately tourism has taken a battering here in the last few years although we are seeing small signs of recovery. Been boating here since we arrived and previously owned Jeanneau and Larson single engine sports cruisers. Planning to see more of the coast and the Greek Islands at a more leisurely pace prompted the change to the FP Trawler.

Hi Easting. Your location looked familiar so I had a look see. My son got married in Bristol RI a few years ago and we came back to holiday in Hyannis the following year. Beautiful part of the world but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go boating. Maybe next time.

Hi Easting. Your location looked familiar so I had a look see. My son got married in Bristol RI a few years ago and we came back to holiday in Hyannis the following year. Beautiful part of the world but unfortunately I didn't get a chance to go boating. Maybe next time.

A belated welcome! Be sure to return. Lots to see in Narragansett Bay, Cape Cod, and Islands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom