New member, trawler shopping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaVic

Vessel Name
KRAKEN
Vessel Make
Mainship 390
Retired couple in Florida. Sailors at heart...but powerboaters by practicality.
Just got back as crew from a new 45' sailboat 10 day delivery 1400 miles straight down the Atlantic from North Carolina to the Virgin Islands.
Have a 29' Sea Ray express cruiser...but considering changing to a 2 person trawler for some extended cruising. Thus will explore this Forum for ideas and answers. Currently looking at Mainship 390's as I like the interior layout and std features.

Currently looking at Mainship 390's as I like the interior layout and std features.

I you haven't already, you might want to look at the Mainship 400, too. Similar.

-Chris

Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your boat search.

Ted

For limited long weekend cruising also consider the Camano 31. I say that because fridge storage is limited but will probably last a week if frugal.

It is a nice couples boat. I would ditch the table in the main cabin to open up the area around the L shaped setee. Use TV tables for dining that fold up out of the way.

Some older ones are available below $75K. Look for one with the Volvo engine, not the BMW.

I also think that they were built better than the Mainship 390s.

David

Goid luck w the search...make it fun...you will not regret it.
We are fresh water inland & Great Lakes boaters and live our Mainship 34 HT for 2.
We replaced sofa w 2 recliners to suit us better.

Welcome... Ahoy and Good Luck!

Don't miss looking at 34, 37, 40, 43, 44 and 45 foot Tollycraft if you come across some. Nice boats!

Florida Vic,

We have similar backgrounds and goals. I had two Sea Rays, and a 310 Formula and ended up with a 400 Mainship. I looked at the 390 which is similar but all the updates and improvements to the 400 swung me that way. Either one is a fine boat. The Mainship is like the "Chevy" of the water. Just a good boat, not high end, but very adequate and easy to own, maintain and modify if you wish. And with semi displacement you can get a bit more speed if needed.

Of course, there's tons of other choices, too.

Back
Top Bottom