New member in the Seattle area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JustBob

Vessel Name
Mahalo
Vessel Make
2018 Hampton Endurance 658
I'm Bob, a Bainbridge Island, WA, resident. Currently, sadly, boatless.

I have been around trawlers since the early 1990's when I attended the very first Trawlerfest in Poulsbo, organized by George K. In fact I became the webmaster for his site, trawlerworld.com if memory serves.

Spent most of my life in NorCal. Grew up boating in the Bay and the Delta.

Since 2001 I have been crewing every other year or so for ocean passages on a Delta 70. I have been SoCal to AK several times, and done an east coast passage as well. I have about 7,000 miles on this boat.

I'm planning on something like 43-55' range. Probably semi-displacement. Last year I chartered a BackCove 43, this year I'm chartering an American Tug 43. This will be the first time my wife and I spend a week cruising solo. We are also attending the Anacortes Trawlerfest this year, 2016.

Although I still work more or less full time I can schedule time off whenever I want to, so always ready to help someone with a boating adventure.

I'm also very into photography so whatever I do boating-wise involves making images as well. If you'd like some shots of your boat underway in Rich Passage, south end of Bainbridge, let me know.

This seems like a great community and a fantastic resource for all things trawler related. Glad to be here!

may_oasis_bobincharge_6202.jpg

Welcome aboard, from a fellow photographer (although our gear probably differs somewhat) slightly up coast from you :thumb:

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Bob. Sounds like we live in the same area. We keep our boat in Lake Washington, but between predicted log racing and yacht club events we've been through Rich Passage at least half a dozen times this year. Maybe we'll run into each other. This forum has been very helpful to me. I've gotten answers to several questions I've had about our Mainship, which we've had for a year and a half now.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard Bob. Sounds like we live in the same area. We keep our boat in Lake Washington, but between predicted log racing and yacht club events we've been through Rich Passage at least half a dozen times this year. Maybe we'll run into each other. This forum has been very helpful to me. I've gotten answers to several questions I've had about our Mainship, which we've had for a year and a half now.

Thank you @porman. I did a predicted log race with Steve on Solara two years ago. Began/ended at Eagle Harbor. I'll keep an eye out for your boat!

Welcome aboard, Justbob! I'll be interested in your impressions of the AT43 after your charter.

Lots of PNW local boaters here, so hopefully you'll get the opportunity to join us with some of them on the water. We love the Bay and Delta here in Norcal. I live in Sacramento and boat from Vallejo where I can easily enjoy the bay and the delta. Where did you grow up?

Welcome aboard Justbob!
Good luck on your search and hope she finds you soon!
We're in the San Juans now, and cross into Canada around the first. We just experianced our first Selene Rendevouis and met a lot of nice people. A pretty good turn out of over 30 Selene's from 36 ft to 62 ft held this week in Roche Harbor.

Welcome aboard, Justbob! I'll be interested in your impressions of the AT43 after your charter.

Lots of PNW local boaters here, so hopefully you'll get the opportunity to join us with some of them on the water. We love the Bay and Delta here in Norcal. I live in Sacramento and boat from Vallejo where I can easily enjoy the bay and the delta. Where did you grow up?

Born in Alameda (Naval Air Station - hey that's why I love boating, right?), grew up in East Bay. My dad was a partner in a 42' Owens Aruba when I was a kid, it was in Berkeley. Went to Sacramento for college and stayed in Placer county to raise kids and such. Escaped Cali 5+ years ago.

Welcome aboard Bob. It's always nice to have someone with your boating knowledge join TF. That just means all the more brains for me to glean valuable information from.

Thank you @porman. I did a predicted log race with Steve on Solara two years ago. Began/ended at Eagle Harbor. I'll keep an eye out for your boat!

We were in that race with our old boat, a Camano Troll. Haven't seen Steve since last Summer, anchored in Andrews Bay, Lake Washington.

Born in Alameda (Naval Air Station - hey that's why I love boating, right?), grew up in East Bay. My dad was a partner in a 42' Owens Aruba when I was a kid, it was in Berkeley. Went to Sacramento for college and stayed in Placer county to raise kids and such. Escaped Cali 5+ years ago.

I was born there as well. Mom was there with her folks while my Dad was in Basic. Grandfather was retired Navy. Their back yard was tidal lands that were since filled and a couple more blocks of homes built there.

Aloha Bob,

Kevin in Bremerton here. Just joined up to and am wetting my feet. I have a 32' Grand Banks down at the Bremerton Marina. Look forward to chatting with you.

KevinS

Back
Top Bottom