New member - Scott San Diego Question about Duck for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, I'm Scott, a former boat owner in San Diego looking for a trawler.
Anybody ever heard of "Big Sky?" https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2008/diesel-duck-41-plus--3142491/
Opinions?

That boat has been on the market for a very long time. I've walked by it a few times; there was some rust showing, looked generally neglected which is probably bad news for a steel boat. That said if you're looking for a long distance heavily built trawler in the 40' range you don't have too many options to look at (check out the Willard 40 in the classifieds though).

I toured this boat about 14 months ago. Reach out by PM. I general it is (pun intendee) a bit of an odd duck. I believe it was built for European use so systems are not always US standard. Definitely built as a one couple boat and the Floorplan is not like a typical trawler. But still an interesting boat for the right use case.

Welcome aboard and good luck in your search.

Scott, just sent you a PM with my number.

Stood next to it on the dock many times. I actually think it has been on the market for a couple years. Pretty rough looking on the exterior.

I haven’t seen the vessel, but have been on several other DD. “Ready” beat me to the “odd duck” comment! Unusual to see a 41’ boat with 1 stateroom/1 head. Most ducks have a bunk or other arrangement forward. Tons of unused space in the master. I also don’t remember ducking :)rofl:)through passageways (other than engine room) like the guy in the video. I wonder if she’s standard dimensionally. I had the same feeling looking at the pilot house. Something seems off in the dimensions looking at the forward area. *Note - that just may be me though!

I was noting the rust peaking through the paint. Obviously didn’t sell it fast enough! Overall... price may be commensurate with condition, as I believe most ducks price out higher just from my armchair surfing. And you’d be stuck with a Volvo for power. :angel:

She might be the right boat for someone out there.

Best of luck in your shopping. San Diego is (mostly) great!

Thanks to all - I'll keep on looking. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Welcome

Thanks to all - I'll keep on looking. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Welcome to TF. Along with a few others who already posted I can advise the boat has been for sale for some time. There are few DD posted on Yacthworld including a DD 382 listed by JMYS web-site. Enjoy your search.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom