New Member from NY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

michaelnyc

Vessel Name
MV Solstice
Vessel Make
1985 Senator Sundeck Trawler
Love this Forum and now that I have taken delivery of my "Black Hole In The Water" Its nice to know that there is a community of likeminded folks where we can get constant reassurance that our passion for Teak and Fiberglass is a gift from above..or as someone said "i spent Half my money on Booze and Boats, the other half I wasted." As an expat Aussie living in NY i have spent the last 30 years boating around the Long Island Sound so my recent purchase of a 1985 Senator Sundeck (130 HP Perkins) has been the natural progression. So i am looking forward to some light renovation and upgrades. I am sure this community will be a great resource as i begin this new project.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat.

Welcomecaboard TF

Welcome I frequent the sound . Especially Oyster bay.

thanks Greg. Me too, Glen Head, Town of Oyster Bay

Welcome Aboard. How about some pictures of the boat and marina?

pete

thanks Pete. just put on hard in Pt Jefferson this week so work on my (Extensive) list of winter jobs. Will post when i have priorities. 1. update running gear,windlass etc 2. refurbish extera/interia teak (minor) 3. update electronics 4. refresh interior (minor)

Attachments

• DSC_0101.jpg
    DSC_0101.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 18
thanks Pete. just put on hard in Pt Jefferson this week so work on my (Extensive) list of winter jobs. Will post when i have priorities. 1. update running gear,windlass etc 2. refurbish extera/interia teak (minor) 3. update electronics 4. refresh interior (minor)

Welcome aboard - Glen Head is a decent drive from Pt Jeff and no real options for work at Pt Jeff. Are you on the hard in Mt. Sania at Old Mans boatyard?

Beautiful! I wouldn't refer to it as a "Black Hole in the Water" . The word Black has connotations which are not true of a boat. It is most assuredly a hole in the water but not necessarily "black".

pete

At the BOAT PLACE...right next to the Port terminal. Not to bad but yes takes about 1 hour to drive from Glen Head

Cool boat- enjoy. See you on the Sound!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom