New Member in New Bern

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Suddy

Vessel Name
S/V Lucky Linda Lee
Vessel Make
Pearson 36-2
Howdy,
I am new to this forum and new to boating. Although my boat uses sails, it has a motor as well - so I figure I can fit in with folks on this forum.
My wife and I are retired, with me spending time on the water and she spending time on her farm. (Loves animals)
I have had my boat for 4 years and have spent some good time with my grandkid on board. We both love the water and sailing.
Greg AKA Suddy

welcome .I see new Bern in the title and Blount's creek in the city. is your boat in the Neuse or Pamlico ? I probably talk to more people around oriental with sail boats just because trawlers are outnumbered in Oriental .I'm stuck on the hard at duck creek at the moment .

Yo, Suddy, welcome aboard. There are plenty of former sailors here to help out with snailbote-related questions (I am not one of them :)). Systems you have on your vessel are undoubtedly same or similar to trawlers, just as my non-trawler 30 Pilot II has similar systems. You will find this place an excellent source of help, sarcasm, irony, humor, consolation, and general life advice - whatever you need that can be provided over the wire, we got it.

Welcome. Years ago I worked at Cape Lookout NS. Love your little city, it's on my list of top five places to live if my wife ever let me move east of the Mississippi again (not likely) ;)

Welcome aboard!
I keep my boat at Bridgeton Harbor! New Bern and surrounding waters are great to sail, cruise and enjoy.

I was a sailor (as many here were) and moved to trawlers because I enjoy the niceties :)

Might want to also join cruisersforum.com for sailing specific issues.

And stay here as boating is boating in so many ways and we all learn from each other. You can teach us some.

Tim

Welcome aboard!
I keep my boat at Bridgeton Harbor! New Bern and surrounding waters are great to sail, cruise and enjoy.

Tim

they need to expand your marina I tried to get a slip there and there was no room for me. I never thought it would be hard to get a slip in New Bern.

Tim

If you are new to New Bern, check out the Neuse Sailing Association and the Oriental Dinghy Club, both racing/cruising clubs based in Oriental. Their events are undoubtably curtailed now due to CV but should get going later next year.

David

Welcome Aboard!!!

If you haven't yet, also check out our sister Forum:

https://www.cruisersforum.com/

That site is more specific to sailing, though there is a powerboat sub-forum over there.

I spent a weekend in New Bern several years ago, traveling by land.

We flat fell in love with it. Great place.

And I could lunch at Moores BBQ every day, given the chance. :)

I spent a weekend in New Bern several years ago, traveling by land.

We flat fell in love with it. Great place.

And I could lunch at Moores BBQ every day, given the chance. :)

I'll try Moore's .MJ's raw bar has broken my wallet before .

We live on the south side of the Trent River, across from the west end of Trent Woods. Keep our little Whaler docked in back; actually faster to get into town than driving. When we had our old Hatteras, we docked it for awhile at the Galley Store, but moved to Morehead City as there is so much more close by to do with a boat there.

We live on the south side of the Trent River, across from the west end of Trent Woods. Keep our little Whaler docked in back; actually faster to get into town than driving. When we had our old Hatteras, we docked it for awhile at the Galley Store, but moved to Morehead City as there is so much more close by to do with a boat there.

I'll be back in my slip oriental by spring . I may spring for a month of two in Morehead or Beaufort but I can't afford it year round even if I rent my slip out. my boat is slow it would take me all day to get to the inlet from here.

Nice to see a large group of baiting fans in the area. The admiral and I are relocating to Oriental in June of 2021 once we get our last two through graduation.

No trawler for now, but in the plans.

Welcome.. I just joined yesterday and am in Washington on the Pamlico.

I'll be back in my slip oriental by spring . I may spring for a month of two in Morehead or Beaufort but I can't afford it year round even if I rent my slip out. my boat is slow it would take me all day to get to the inlet from here.

That's the big reason we moved and never for a minute considered Oriental as an alternative. As far as really cool places to go in a day from Oriental, in a slow boat, there's Ocracoke and South River, and that's about it. I take it you own a slip or have one at your house?

Both Morehead City Yacht Basin (our home port once we stopped cruising full time) and Beaufort City Docks have big discounts on winter rates; we caught a lot of nice days during the winter when we could go over to Cape Lookout or Shackleford and have it virtually to ourselves; wonderful. Maybe think of that kind of like you were cruising for a month or two.

That's the big reason we moved and never for a minute considered Oriental as an alternative. As far as really cool places to go in a day from Oriental, in a slow boat, there's Ocracoke and South River, and that's about it. I take it you own a slip or have one at your house?

Both Morehead City Yacht Basin (our home port once we stopped cruising full time) and Beaufort City Docks have big discounts on winter rates; we caught a lot of nice days during the winter when we could go over to Cape Lookout or Shackleford and have it virtually to ourselves; wonderful. Maybe think of that kind of like you were cruising for a month or two.
I don’t know why you never thought about oriental . I takes us about 3 hours to get to morehead and my boat is slow. New bern makes it around 6 to morehead.6 would eat up too much of the day.(and make planning getting to Beaufort docks at slack tide more difficult) I only own a slip .I live 3 hours away mid nc 48 years old so I have some working left in my future

welcome .I see new Bern in the title and Blount's creek in the city. is your boat in the Neuse or Pamlico ? I probably talk to more people around oriental with sail boats just because trawlers are outnumbered in Oriental .I'm stuck on the hard at duck creek at the moment .

Sorry for the late response. The Lucky Linda Lee is in Northwest Creek Marina in New Bern on the Neuse River. Trawlers are outnumbered here as well. My boat is a sailboat, by the way.
Suddy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom