New Member Intro

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suggest you put this in a correct sub forum and start another thread.

7 years in the Navy, MM trained in nuclear power, submarines, main propulsion. One Med cruise on a destroyer a year younger than me. Got out, went to college, came out with a BS, major in forestry. Professional forester: 22+ years.
I currently own a documented 2008 American Tug 34ft long. They still make the same boat but now is documented as 36ft long... The builder now adds in the swim platform for the OAL. 400 gal fuel, 150 gal water, 45 gal holding tank, 6 kw Northern Lights gen. Engine: Cummins QSB 5.9 Model 380 HO

I owned a Norhavn 46 that was already for an extended cruise... during the final yard visit.... the yard worker pulled a jack prior to placing a new jack first. Results: fell off the jacks, drove the port stabilizer into the owner's stateroom = constructive loss.

Ah the American Tug was a perfect boat when I bought it. LOL I discovered quickly there was not really enough storage for two people. I have added a cabinet in the galley starboard next to microwave, another cabinet just aft and starboard overhead of the stove for spices, a cabinet on the port side aft in overhead for books.

A medicine cabinet in the head, an overhead cabinet in owner's stateroom at the end of and centerline of the end of the house. Added 5 compartment fans, replaced both A/Cs, 500 gpd water maker, 2 solar panels, added a 3rd house battery (3X200 amps), replaced the tender (Apex 10Ft) and bought a Honda 7HP motor, added a Splendie washer/dryer. I am still stuck with the one small hanging closet.... No hope to expand that closet. Replaced the carpet too. I added an independent depth sounder and rudder indicator.... with separate displays, in case the other system goes down. Put in dripless shaft seal and rudder seal. I do believe I have maxed out the upgrades with the exception of the electronics.

I think that is all I have done to date. I have come to the conclusion, I am doing this all for the next owner. I have said many times, "That's a lot of perfume on the pig." The next owner will either be very happy or find another boat.

Anything else you want, either look it up on the internet or ask me. I will be more than happy to answer you.
Dan.

Back
Top Bottom