New member and interested in trawlers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewEngland1

Hi all, I was looking for a ~25ft inboard small diesel (but trailerable) pocket trawler/weekender and found this site.

It seems these can be hard to dig up and I expect it may take months or longer to get the right boat for us.

We'll see!

Welcome aboard. Right now it is a tough market to be shopping in. If you do find something, jump on it.

Things may calm down a bit by then. We sold our boat and have been trying to buy a different one…. Doing a sea trial and survey on Tuesday. If this one doesn’t work out there may be nothing left that I am interested in.

I assume you are looking for a "trawler" with V berth sleeping and minimal galley and head facilities. The 25' diesel trawler market is mostly made up of downeast type boats.

Sisu, Eastern, Seaway, Rosborough and Atlas Acadia are several builders. I owned a 23' outboard Atlas Acadia for several years, but their 25' model is diesel powered. Here is a nice one: https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1998-atlas-boat-works-acadia-25-7938259/

The other type of boat to look for is the express cruisers. I think the Grady White 25'er has cabin facilities but it is outboard powered.

David

Last edited:
Hi all, I was looking for a ~25ft inboard small diesel (but trailerable) pocket trawler/weekender and found this site.

It seems these can be hard to dig up and I expect it may take months or longer to get the right boat for us.

We'll see!

You may want to look at a 27 Ranger Tug. There are two co-owned dealers in Maine--one in Portland and the sister dealer on Sebago.

Last edited:
Hi David, exactly. Has to be inboard small diesel, trailerable (at the ends of the season, not every day). Looking to spend 10k more or less for a "fixer upper"...

My neighbor has a great Sisu22 inboard. He got it for less than $3k, and it only really needed cosmetics (paint the hull, etc). I think that I could extend the cabin on something like that and meet the need.

Also like the Vashon 23 double ender but those are pretty rare and from what i can see, somewhat crampt due to the walk around cabin.

Kinda resigned myself to maybe not finding anything until next season... but u never know

I assume you are looking for a "trawler" with V berth sleeping and minimal galley and head facilities.

diesel powered. Here is a nice one: https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1998-atlas-boat-works-acadia-25-7938259/
David

Almost a Year Ago

Almost a year ago I was in a similar situation looking for a trawler under 30' and a bit of a project boat. We bought her (79 Outer Reef 26) at the end of January and we've been working on her since. Hopefully she will be in the water by mid-September. We could have rushed her into the water sooner but it is so much easier working on her by my workshop. Good luck with your hunt.

Attachments

• P1300060.jpg
    P1300060.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom