New member hello...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Santana

Hi everyone,

New guy here... looking forward to meeting you all. Seems like a friendly good place to hang out and talk about trawlers - the forum name was quite a good giveaway on that :thumb:

Welcome aboard! Do you have a trawler now or looking to buy one?

David

Welcome aboard TF
Tell us more

Welcome to the Forum!

Cheers,

Hi everyone thank you for all the welcome aboards! The answer to some of the questions are best explained with my first post...

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s53/first-post-here-42505.html#post730780

This post is not very clear but looking for some insight into broadening the sale of this vessel which is dear to my heart but beyond my lifestyle for the moment. I would love to keep and use the boat but it is beyond my capabilities at this time.

I also do not own the boat my mother does - my dad passed in August of 2018 and although there are many great trips and memories with the Santana my mom has no reason to keep her on because it was something they did together and she can not take care of the wood like she used to and I am unable to fill dad's shoes to take care of her.

She is great but being a '77, it cannot be financed and anyone that has that kind of cash wants a bigger faster boat, so I am trying to find a solution to find her a good home and be treated as she deserves to be treated and has been for the last almost 40 years. Most everyone that sees the Santana wants her but does not have the means. It is a special niche -- 34' CHB trawler - sgl screw Lehman 120 - state cabin - most of the heavy lifting has been done - but the more a boat sits the more something will go wrong.... That is just boating 101 ---

I am not by any means an expert but I am not a novice either. I want to help my mom and she is asking for my help. This is why I am here. Believe me if I had the means I would take this on, my dad always said I would end up with her... as I explained to him (and he did understand me) I do not have the financial means to take care of the Santana in a way that is necessary.

Sorry so long of a post... Michael

Need to find a broker who appears to have a lot of listings and actively working on behalf of their clients. Maybe go to yachtworld.com and search postings in the area to find those brokers. You can click on the brokerage links to see their entire list and details. You could also go the craigslist route etc, but being a newbie into this and not having sold a boat before, you probably would just be increasing your angst. Be unemotional when you hear what pricing is suggested. It’s the price to sell the boat, unfortunately to someone who doesn’t have the personal memories.

Back
Top Bottom