new member Adelaide South Australia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theduke1948

Hi Im John from Adelaide South Australia. I have been a sailor since my teenage years from dinghies to 3 trailer sailers and for the last 12 years a Hanse 342 yacht. Now retired and in my 70th year it is time to move to a more stable platform so I can continue my love of cruising South Australian waters. I am looking for a Blue Sea36 or similar to meet my needs. As I have no experience with trawlers I hope that by joining this forum I will increase my knowledge of them.

Welcome from another 70 year old

You young guys!
Welcome aboard Duke.
Not so many Blue Seas around but there are similar boats. I looked at one,finding the cockpit small,hardly space for a table and 2 chairs.

Welcome John. Nice to have another Adelaidean.

Good luck with the shopping. There aren't a lot of trawler style boats locally but they do pop up occasionally. I'll let you know if I hear of anything trawlerish coming up for sale.

Hello John,
More Adelaide members!
I think we know each other....
You probably know there is one of these for sale at Rsays, but it sadly appears to need a lot of work.
Good luck with the change of direction- we are going through the same process (almost..)

Welcome on board, good to see more Aussies even deep southerners.
You may have to come east to find your boat.

Welcome, like they all said. I also had two trailer yachts before going into power. A Tasman 20, and Gazelle 26. Both NZ designs. Loved the time with them, but at 71, I agree - trawler style is better. Good luck with your search Actually my Clipper 34 is for sale...just sayin' I too looked at Blue Seas 36s, but they are scarce, and the cockpit is a bit small for the size of boat.

Welcome to the dark side.
Greeting from a very windy Hobart.

Hi John. I have a 1979 blue seas 36 nearing the end of a complete refit. All decks recored. New windows all internal paneling redone with teak . New roofliners,new bathrooms , new hydraulic steering including helms and auto helm plus lots more. It is in Perth. Twin 120hp fords with 4000 hrs.
PM me if you want photos

One problem about choosing a boat model in short supply is lack of choice. Hallp`s frank and informative post about the issues he is fixing is a red flag. Lots of boats that age will have at least some of those issues.
I think it`s one reason people buy Rivs, etc. More choice, no teak decks and no issues that flow from the old screw attachment method. I had my decks stripped, relaid a mix of teak and painted non slip,it was seriously expensive.

Hello John,
More Adelaide members!
I think we know each other....
You probably know there is one of these for sale at Rsays, but it sadly appears to need a lot of work.
Good luck with the change of direction- we are going through the same process (almost..)
Yes we do know each other, the one at Rsays needs 100k to bring it back to its former glory plus 59 k to buy it. I doubt if it will sell. We are about to depart on probably our last cruise on Miss V. Spending 6 weeks in Spencer Gulf. Then it will be time to move to a more stable platform.

Back
Top Bottom