The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gale

Vessel Name
Fringe Benefits
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 32
Hi. I’m Gale and just joined. I boat with my husband on the Chesapeake Bay. I was introduced to boating in my 20’s and then was away from it for 30 years. Got back into it with an express cruiser about 9 years ago and can’t imagine how I stayed away from boats or the bay for so long. I spend every available moment I have on the boat. Moved to a Nordic Tug last year. Can’t wait for extended trips in retirement, probably starting this year. After zero experience I’ve been learning how to do the boat maintenance myself and love doing it. Boaters are a knowledgeable and supportive group of people and I’ve been appreciative of their willingness to help new boaters. I’m looking forward to being a part of your group.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. Have fun with it. Remember that if we don’t see photos it didn’t happen...

Welcome Gale.

What size Tug?

And what's the story behind the boat name?

Hi. I’m Gale and just joined. I boat with my husband on the Chesapeake Bay. I was introduced to boating in my 20’s and then was away from it for 30 years. Got back into it with an express cruiser about 9 years ago and can’t imagine how I stayed away from boats or the bay for so long. I spend every available moment I have on the boat. Moved to a Nordic Tug last year. Can’t wait for extended trips in retirement, probably starting this year. After zero experience I’ve been learning how to do the boat maintenance myself and love doing it. Boaters are a knowledgeable and supportive group of people and I’ve been appreciative of their willingness to help new boaters. I’m looking forward to being a part of your group.

Wifey B: Welcome here, Gail. Learn all that appeals to you. Never stray away from boating again. :lol:

Oh.....I like the boat name but it sure gives me dirty thoughts. Of course most things do. :blush:

My tug is a Nordic 32. The Fringe Benefits name comes from the company I own. I work with contractors that do public work projects and manage their fringe benefits required on these projects. Although that sounds boring compared to whatever you were thinking it meant!

My tug is a Nordic 32. The Fringe Benefits name comes from the company I own. I work with contractors that do public work projects and manage their fringe benefits required on these projects. Although that sounds boring compared to whatever you were thinking it meant!

Wifey B: Well, I'm still a kid and can't help but giggling every time I see "fringe benefits" on our financial statements. Even have to be careful when hiring and explaining the fringe benefits. :blush:

Hi Gale,
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Nordic Tug owner (at least for now, ours is for sale now - sad). Enjoy the learning. It is fun as well as the cruising.

Back
Top Bottom