The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbecker

Vessel Name
"Gypsy Moon"
Vessel Make
42' Californian LRC
Hello all!

I just purchased a 1977 42' Californian LRC. My Wife and I were "casually" looking at boats for about a year, I was mostly interested in Sport Fishers and Convertibles. We went to Australia at the end of last year for New Years Eve in Sydney and travelled all over the coast up to the Great Barrier Reef for diving. While we were in Noosa Heads I noticed lots of awesome boats but we saw a Trawler and it just looked like it belongs plying the waters casually. So my Wife found us this fantastic Californian in June, and we put it in contract and now it is finally ours! I have taken her to the Shipyard to have all underwater through hulls and Sea Cocks updated to new (11 of 'em). It's currently in Dana Point Shipyard and when its complete, in about a week we are taking her on her maiden voyage to her new home in San Pedro about a 33 Nautical mile trip, really looking forward to many journeys and adventures on board!

Attachments

• IMG_2876.jpg
    IMG_2876.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 26
Congratulations. Welcome to the group.

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. The 42 has a great layout. We almost bought one back in 2002 but the owner was very unreasonable so the deal fell through.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom