The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fuzzy

Just sold our sail boat and are now searching for a trawler.
Looking in the 34' to 38' range. Glad to meet everyone
Fuzzy

Welcome onboard Fuzzy we hope you'll be happy here among us folk.
You've certainly come to the right place, you'll find life on a motor boat far different from sail as each requires the opposite conditions.
In the meantime why not get some A4 sheets of paper and make a list of all the things you'd like (don't forget the admiral's list too)
There a lots of people here who can give you good sound advice as to various types and models until you whittle down your list to find the boat that suits you and your chosen cruising ground.

Welcome aboard! Sounds like you said the Sailors Prayer. “Oh Lord, Forgive me, I went out on a power boat, and liked it! “

I was a sailboater and owner, glad I did it, glad I'm not doing it now. There are a lot of great boating areas where I live. I want to go to them without spending long periods of time on tacks and jibes. There are also a number of fjords in my area and a sailboat really isn't the best vessel in those areas unless they are almost constantly under power, and then in that case you are a slow power boater.

I'm not the very fast power boat kind of guy, but I do like to go fast the first hour of a cruise and the last hour of the cruise coming home. The other hours in between I'm usually putting along at 7 or 8 knots.

Enjoy your new boat when you acquire it.

Welcome aboard. I don’t have a trawler yet either but you’ll find a wealth of knowledge here and people willing to help

Back
Top Bottom