The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

subcookie3

Hello! We are new to the forum. After being around boats and yacht clubs for last 20 years with our parents owning boats, we are ready to start our search for our own. We have come across a 1993 Corsair 42' Cruise-a-Home by one of the yacht club owners and are seriously interested. I saw a thread about someone asking about these boats with great input but an unable to locate that tread after creating an account. We are finding it difficult to get a decent comp for this type of boat as there aren't many for sale. Any input would be fantastic! This boat does come with a really nice dinghy set up. Just need to know if it is a good price and capable of doing what we desire. We plan to use it to cruise the PNW waters up through San Juans and Desolation Sound. https://www.denisonyachtsales.com/y...ome-Corsair-1993-Bremerton-Washington/6518288

Welcome. Every time I have seen a Cruise-a-home I’m struck by how many features they cram in that length. That makes it appealing. My own feeling has also been that it seems like one of the ugliest boats I’ve seen.

Keep in mind that I had the same reaction to my own boat when I started looking. Now I think it is perfect for us and is downright attractive.

It has the shape of a Grand Banks motor vessel, but not the looks unfortunately. I would also be very leery of the 275 hp Perkins engines. That is a lot of power from an old design and they may have dialed the boost up too high on that engine. I would definitely get an engine survey and pay particular attention to blow by.

David

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Can't help you with the boat OR the cruising area but the boat does show well.

Welcome this one looks very clean and well kept the engines do not have the best reputation but in saying that we have a friend with 2 of them and he has very little issues

Is a Cruise a Home “capable of doing what we desire. We plan to use it to cruise the PNW waters up through San Juans and Desolation Sound”?
Check this site out. http://nwcruising.net/nmtable.html

Sure it is. Most any boat can cruise the PNW and BC. You just have to be mindful of conditions when crossing the areas of big water.

Back
Top Bottom