New Member with a 36 Prairie Survey next week

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looking forward to lots of Great learning from this site and lots of new friends too. WE have been shopping for a long time and really excited about our trawler under contract..

Welcome! Assuming the survey goes well, you're going to be in a very elite group. There don't seem to be a lot of Prairie 36's around.

We've had ours two seasons now, and so far it's been exactly what we wanted.

Ours is hull #28. Feel free to ask any questions you come up with.

We completed the purchase of our Prairie 36 yesterday, and after sitting back and doing some looking, we have some questions about our Fl title. We purchased the boat from a private owner who advertised it as a 1979. The title says it is a 1979, there is a plaque on the wall that states it is "Prairie CC 36 hull #001"; However the survey states it is a 1983 and the HIN on the title is PBJ000112783. We will be going down back to the boat on Monday (it is 4 hrs away) to see if we can figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff. It'll all work out just fine.
Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Last edited:
As I said in the PM, and I'll throw out here for comment, it's possible it was hull #1 built in 1979, then went back to the factory for major re-work in '83, requiring the new HIN.

Thanks CaptTom, We are actually doing the survey this Wed and we are both hoping all goes well. The owner seems to really take good care. We want to post more but not wanting to get the cart before the horse. Hope to have more info this week.

Mike and Cathy, In my quest for a boat I looked at a 36 Prairie and thought it was a great boat. Good layout profile and extremely solid. In the end I decided I wanted newer. Anyway, welcome and good luck. This is a great sight with a lot of collective wisdom.

Steelydon

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom