New member.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkmjr

I was about to post a new thread and realized I never introduced myself. I joined a year ago and do not own a trawler so I have really never had any worthy input to post. Back to my intro. I am 45 and have owned many different types and sizes of boats. I have never owned a trawler, but I hope to in the future, hence joining this forum. I find the trawler lifestyle very exciting and hope to convince my wife that when we retire we should take some longer trips. We have spent some days aboard, but never any extended time. My plan is to maybe charter or bareboat a couple of trips with the wife to make sure she will enjoy the "TRAWLER" life. She enjoys boats and being on the water, but days and weeks at a time is definitely different than spending weekends. We lost a sedan bridge in Katrina and were lucky to be made whole and have only had a couple of CC's since then. My father, son and I enjoy fishing so a CC has been best for us, but as I said, I long for a trawler once the kids are out of college and things slow down a bit. I really enjoy this forum and sort of live my dream through you guys so I will continue to lurk until further notice.:D

I am posting a question down in the trip section about Chattanooga if anyone cares to chime in. Thanks.

Welcome aboard TF
Sounds like a realistic plan to "test the waters"
We started w weekend boating while working...then week vacation trips...then 4 week trips as vacation time increased.
Now retired and like the 4-5 week cruises...it reduces the stress of a schedule

Welcome JK.

Sounds like you have a plan. I say go for it!

Cheers.

H.

I was about to post a new thread and realized I never introduced myself. I joined a year ago and do not own a trawler so I have really never had any worthy input to post. Back to my intro. I am 45 and have owned many different types and sizes of boats. I have never owned a trawler, but I hope to in the future, hence joining this forum. I find the trawler lifestyle very exciting and hope to convince my wife that when we retire we should take some longer trips. We have spent some days aboard, but never any extended time. My plan is to maybe charter or bareboat a couple of trips with the wife to make sure she will enjoy the "TRAWLER" life. She enjoys boats and being on the water, but days and weeks at a time is definitely different than spending weekends. We lost a sedan bridge in Katrina and were lucky to be made whole and have only had a couple of CC's since then. My father, son and I enjoy fishing so a CC has been best for us, but as I said, I long for a trawler once the kids are out of college and things slow down a bit. I really enjoy this forum and sort of live my dream through you guys so I will continue to lurk until further notice.:D

I am posting a question down in the trip section about Chattanooga if anyone cares to chime in. Thanks.
I might borrow your plan later :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom