New kid on the Block

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TRD

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lady J
Vessel Make
Chris Craft Corinthian 380
Hello everyone, I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Just recently purchased a 1980 Chris Craft Corinthian 380. Sold my Sea Ray Sundancer 270 so I am taking up residence here :dance:. The boat is on "the hard" in a marina on the Tenn Tom river in Demopolis, Alabama. I want to do some re-fitting and later move it to the Tennessee River in either Huntsville or Guntersville, Al.

I am sure I will have a ton of questions, so thanks in advance.

Welcome aboard TF
Been to Guntersville a few times w/ the land yacht and looks like a nice place to boat.

Bacchus, Quite a few year back, I have a Chris Craft "Connie" and kept it at Guntersville. It is really pretty up there and some great river boating.

Thanks for the reply

Hello everyone, I guess I'm the new kid on the block. Just recently purchased a 1980 Chris Craft Corinthian 380. Sold my Sea Ray Sundancer 270 so I am taking up residence here :dance:. The boat is on "the hard" in a marina on the Tenn Tom river in Demopolis, Alabama. I want to do some re-fitting and later move it to the Tennessee River in either Huntsville or Guntersville, Al.

I am sure I will have a ton of questions, so thanks in advance.

Welcome, I'm guessing you are on the hard a Demopolis Yacht Basin, and will move to Kingfisher when you splash. We came through there last year early winter, moving our boat south, and stayed for a while at Kingfisher. That used to be a great spot to haul and have work done, but now that the Corp of Engineers has added the park and caused the basin to shoal they don't get enough work to stay fresh. Get it ready, get splashed, and move on. That marina had it's heydey a decade ago.

If you have Chris Craft specific questions shoot me a message. I have a Commander. The Chris Craft owners are a very devoted, yet very segmented group. It's sometimes hard to find answers unless you know where to look.

Also, congratulations, you purchased one of the best values in boating currently.

Commander, thanks for the reply. My boat is presently located at Kingfishers. I want to re-paint the bottom, check out all systems -- there's a generator issue I want to address. and 1 engine (gas 454) is not exhausting water like it should --- I'm thinking exhaust manifolds --- but I need to iron that out as well.

Once done, I plan to motor on up the Tenn Tom hang a right and get on the Tennessee River

Attachments

• cc2.jpg
    cc2.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 45
Sounds like you have a plan of attack. Take your time on bottom paint, growth in fresh water is a small fraction of salt water.

Water flow problems, I would check strainer and impeller first. Heat exchanger is often a problem in salt but rarely a problem in fresh. If you want a cheap heat exchanger flush recipe with hone Depot chemicals and a cheap bilge pump let me know.

PM me your email, I will be glad to help if I can. Chris Crafts of that vintage have a devoted following, but there weren't enough boats to have a big web presence like Hatteras or Bertram.

Last edited:
This boat came from salt water. The previous owner brought it up from Orange Beach on 1 engine due to the water flow issue.

email is photo849@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom