New guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coppercove1

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Treasure Hunt
Vessel Make
Marine Trader LaBelle 44
Hi, and thanks to all those who have been posting, there is a lot of great sharing of experience here, and following the blogs has become a new habit.

Time to start interacting! The Admiral and I are looking for our first trawler, first to use pre-retirement in BC and Alaska, then for more extensive cruising in 4-5 years. We have owned a Trojan 1975 25 Express with thirsty gas V8 when the kids were little and really enjoyed many one week trips to Desolation Sound, the Gulf Islands and the San Juans.

Since then we have bare boat chartered a variety including CHB 34, Aspen 28, Camano Troll 31 and a Westcoast 57. We are looking for something in the 36-44 range in the $90-125k range. I am looking at the 1981 Grand Mariner 36 in Nanaimo this weekend. Does anyone have any experience or comments on the Grand Mariner 36, with single 120 Lehman?

Welcome to the forum! Can't tell you anything about that boat. Will tell you that how previous owners took care of that 35+ year old boat will be more important.

Ted

Yes, welcome aboard. Please acquaint yourself with the search function at the top of screen, as that can save you a lot of time. :)

Welcome aboard!

I've said it before and will say it again... Tollycraft, baby! Look at some Tollycraft boats. If they have been taken care of they can still [will] provide decades fun. Tolly's are are worth it for the long run! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom