New Grand Banks Owner!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB49 AG

Vessel Name
Amazing Grace
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 49
Good afternoon Everyone!
Just wanted to share on our excitement of Owning our First Grand Banks!
She is a GB 49 Classic and a fine Lady. We did a naming/renaming ceremony yesterday on Mother’s Day! We are in the Jacksonville,FL Area.
Got her in Savannah and brought her back to Florida a week ago, Great trip 3 stops and we are thrilled!!
Thank you for listening and for the wealth of info in this Forums!!

Welcome aboard, Daniel, from an old GB owner and current MS owner. That is just about as fine a vessel as one could own. What are your plans for cruising? Any changes to the boat required to suit your needs?

Welcome aboard and congrats on your new boat. How about some photos?

Thank you Both very much!!
@Rgano... Looking to Cruise south hit the Bahamas and then down to the Dominican Republic, where I have a slip @ Casa De Campo. Looking forward to learning the vessel and see what changes I could do the her!!

@Comodave... I will upload some photos as soon as Figure the way to do it and the resolution allowed.
Thank you Guys! Always love the boating community and these Forums!

I do not know the GB49 arrangement well, but for my GB42 lower helm, which came with ZERO seating, this was the finest thing I ever did to the boat since I preferred lower versus upper helm.

Attachments

• DSCN0013.jpg
    DSCN0013.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 28
  • helm seat from rear (FILEminimizer).JPG
    helm seat from rear (FILEminimizer).JPG
    157.4 KB · Views: 26
Rich,
Thanks for the pics! That is a very nice setup. I do not have the Bench seat just the Starboard door to the Deck. I wish I had a bench in the lower helm... just a different setup on the 49.

Rich,
Thanks for the pics! That is a very nice setup. I do not have the Bench seat just the Starboard door to the Deck. I wish I had a bench in the lower helm... just a different setup on the 49.

Yes, the original GB42CL setup I inherited looked vastly different. As you can see from this old photo, there was no bench, just the standard GB liquor locker and a pedestal chair I had added for a few years until I had the bench built.

Attachments

• PICT0004.jpg
    PICT0004.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
Welcome aboard and enjoy your new to you GB. Post some pictures.

Chris

Good afternoon Everyone!
She is a GB 49 Classic and a fine Lady. We did a naming/renaming ceremony yesterday on Mother’s Day! We are in the Jacksonville,FL Area.
Got her in Savannah and brought her back to Florida a week ago, Great trip 3 stops and we are thrilled!!

Welcome We love our GB49.

Bud and Dawn

Daniel, thanks for sharing that news which must feel great, and congrats on Amazing Grace. The GB 49 Classic is indeed a classic dreamboat. Look forward to photos.

I do not know the GB49 arrangement well, but for my GB42 lower helm, which came with ZERO seating, this was the finest thing I ever did to the boat since I preferred lower versus upper helm.

Rich, that lower helm mod looks perfect - beautiful and utilitarian, which is the definition of good nautical craftsmanship. Having spent many an hour at the lower helm of a GB 42 and a 36, I can attest to the usefulness of a helm seat with storage.

The 49 GB is my favorite model, perfect cruiser for two couples or family, love the access to all the decks and that gigantic bridge and that huge engine room.

Rich, that lower helm mod looks perfect - beautiful and utilitarian, which is the definition of good nautical craftsmanship. Having spent many an hour at the lower helm of a GB 42 and a 36, I can attest to the usefulness of a helm seat with storage.

That boat, by the way, is for sale again at an exceedingly good price by a motivated seller. I posted about it here.

New GB owner

Good afternoon Everyone!

Congrats! Where will she be berthed? I'm on Fleming Island and I'd love to see her. My GB 36 is in Pensacola.

Welcome aboard and some photos would be much appreciated. Congrats.

Welcome from Grand Banks 42,1969,hull #125

Greetings and congrats from the west coast :hello:. Yep, we need pictures.

Thank you All!! Such great community!
@Bryant —> She is at the Florida Yacht Club now. Thinking of bringing her to the Dominican Republic after Hurricane season...

I will post some pics soon!

Back
Top Bottom