New girl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaCapitan

Vessel Name
Pipe Dream
Vessel Make
Californian
Hi guys, Just purchased a 1972 Californian and am trying to figure her out. Looking for an owners manuel. Also need a replacement window in the aft stateroom and not really sure if it’s a custom jobber or not.

Annie... welcome aboard TF
You might want to post your specific questions in the Californian builder / owner section. You are more likely to get worthwhile answers there.

How do owner's manuals get lost or disappear.
My used boat came with a complete suite of owner's manual and and and and I even added a couple more.
When I sell the boat, they will remain with the boat.

I doubt that a 1972 boat even came with an owners manual. Maybe a bunch of brochures in a folder.

Early Californians did come with an owner's manual. Not well detailed or comprehensive but there was a manual. I think if you dig around in the Californian section of TF you could get lucky. But a '72 has very likely been heavily modified in the 49 yrs since it was built.

If memory serves there are some posts about window replacement. And yes it will be a custom job.

Welcome to the 'funny farm'
Try not to be offended by others. They are not as sensitive, caring and humble as myself. :angel: :D
Per the windows; get an estimate and if you can afford it, get it done professionally. That way, you have someone else to scream, other than yourself.

Last edited:
I doubt that a 1972 boat even came with an owners manual. Maybe a bunch of brochures in a folder.

My '72 GB came with an owner's manual plus assorted engine and generator manuals.

Back
Top Bottom