New to Forum, thank you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Augustus99

Hello all… I spent my youth as a basic seaman in the merchant marine, then life took hold… as I now prepare for retirement, I am considering a return to the sea, and in a trawler… thank you for your patience and guidance in allowing me to learn from all of you. My goal, a 40-50 ft trawler, specifics TBD, sometime in 2022… from my home base in NOLA, where I shipped out in my early days…

Welcome any and all advice and guidance.

Welcome to the forum! Lots of people with great experiences to share here. I would recommend you give more info, like age you will be looking at, what type of cruising you wish to do, fixer upper, or Bristol, ready to cast off lines, budget, etc. Also any likes/dislikes, like do not want a wood hull, or want only a steel hull, single vs twin engine, will you be single handing. Definitely diesel, or will consider gas, will you be doing your own maintenance, will you need accommodations for guests, etc.

Once again, welcome aboard, and good luck in your search!

Last edited:
Welcome to TF. You will find you are in good company on here. Sounds like you will also have much to contribute. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom