New to Forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arthurn

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Brown Eyed Girl
Vessel Make
38ft Helmsman Trawler
Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Arthur. I have been boating since I was 8 yrs old. I have always been a power boater and recently have moved to a Helmsman Trawler. Being born in Wash DC, most of my early boating was in the Potomac River and then later in the Chesapeake Bay. Looking forward to learning more about trawlers and diesels.

Yes, indeed, welcome, and clearly with that background, you'll be a valuable contributor. There are several Helmsman owners on here.

Welcome aboard. You are in great cruising waters, in a boat well suited to them.
In learning about diesel engines, and trawlers, I would recommend having a couple of books by Nigel Calder, Boatowners Mechanical and Electrical Handbook and his Marine Diesel Engines.
Even if you don't do all of your own work, ( I don't. Some places I just don't fit ), sit with the mechanic and learn what he is doing and why.
Have fun, and post pictures.

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking forward to this new type of boating. A much slower pace, which fits me now.

The boat was two years old when my wife and I made the plunge. I have include a pic taken during the sea trial. We are all looking at the electric panel. I think the pic is hilarious.

I am the one in the back with my hand on my hip.

Attachments

• IMG_9277.jpg
    IMG_9277.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 28
It's a nice boat and you look like you have a pretty decent brain trust available to you. A guy like you, Im guessing mid to late thirties, should be able to pick up on Trawlering pretty quick! (LOL)

Welcome Aboard,

pete

Back
Top Bottom