New C&L owner !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorilei

Very new to all of this! My husband Steve and I live in Sandy Point near Bellingham Washington across from the San Juan Islands. We just bought a 1979 C&L Trawler that is sound but needs A LOT of cosmetic work ie. Paint and varnish everywhere! It will definitely be a labor of love! We just brought the boat up from Ilwaco WA. took almost 4 days. Would love to hear from anyone who has one of these boats, anyone who has been crazy enough to take this kind of project on, and would also like to know what your thoughts are for replacing the 24'' life rings that hang on the outside! Thanks so much!

Congrats...do you have any pictures?

New to to us boats are so interesting to have and to hear about. Did the trip home taking 4 days include problems or was it a planned slow go? It seems like that is a long time for those miles, even for a trawler.

They took their time!

My Husband and a good friend just took it slow! No problems with the boat thank goodness! Stayed in Westport first night then long day to LaPush, then a night in Port Angeles.The last leg across the Strait of Juan de Fuca was rough but once they got to the Islands it was smooth and beautiful! They even saw a pod of Orcas between Matia Island and our house on Sandy Point! What a welcome home!

Welcome and congratulations!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom