New boater sneaking in under the radar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IolantheSF

Vessel Name
Zelda Fitzgerald
Vessel Make
Formosa Spindrift Pilothouse
Hi folks! We’re almost a trawler (17 ton full keel sailboat which we use as a trawler a great deal). We’ve lived aboard for 15 years, and as the years go on, we’re looking at going full-trawler with an FG hulled GB, or similar. Cheers!

Welcome aboard! There are a lot of us former wind driven sailors here. My wife and I still have a small sailboat, but really love our 43ft trawler, it's so much more comfortable for older bones..

Welcome!

I came out of a Bristol Channel Cutter...8 ton bluewater cruising sailboat. What we decided was that, since this part of the world has us motoring more than sailing...why not? I miss sailing terribly, but the decision was the right one for our family.

Welcome! Are you on the Spindrift 43 pilothouse? I LOVE that boat, and if we ever went back to sail that's at the top of my list...

Welcome to the forum. Yes, many of us, me included, were sailors in an earlier life. Matter of fact I gave away our inflatable tender, which started life as a tender to our last sail boat, to a catamaran owner who only had a small rigid dinghy, last weekend.

Why? Because the valve design is not great, and over several weeks, it goes down, it still works, but when selling, as we are, a potential buyer arriving to see an old, weather-beaten and collapsed dinghy is not a good look. The cat owner was delighted, as he said he and his wife had often thought of trying one. So, after I helped them dock, and we got chatting, I asked them if they would take it? Explained why. They said yes, so I said, "it's yours".

We pumped it up, and he rowed it happily back to his 43 foot cat. I had no real regrets. I was otherwise going to deflate it, roll it up, and drop it in the dumpster. If our boat sells, the new owner would be wise to get a new rubber ducky anyway. This was a better fate. It owed me nothing. It began life as something we bought to use between yachts back in 1985..!

Interestingly, the first musical stage show I ever attended was called Iolanthe.:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom