Nice
Reminds me somewhat of Nigel Irens Rangeboat

Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:08 PM   #22
Guru

City: Sharon, Ma
Vessel Name: Slow Lane
Vessel Model: 2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
I cant believe that crane has the lifting straps so close together in the center! Scary.

Beautiful boat though! Looks fun.

2005 Silverton 35 Motoryacht
South of Heaven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:30 PM   #23
Veteran Member

City: Nykarleby
Vessel Model: Åbo båtvarf Delfin 1962. 34'
Quote:
Originally Posted by South of Heaven View Post
I cant believe that crane has the lifting straps so close together in the center! Scary.

Beautiful boat though! Looks fun.
They where a bit close yes. But the engine is heavy and in the middle of it all. He (the driver) took it really slow and let it hang for a while just above the water level just to be sure.
This year (in October) we used an "X-construction" (don't know the proper name) above the straps to get them further apart.

And now it looks like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1219.webcopy.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	71607  
RBack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:44 PM   #24
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
What a beautiful boat!
Old 12-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #25
Guru

City: Concrete Washington State
Vessel Name: Willy
Vessel Model: Willard Nomad 30'
That’s where the engine belongs ..

That’s probably what the old “speed boats” like Chris-Craft, Correct Craft ect run so nice.
Ballance.

This boat is a trawler but dosn’t look like one. There are quite a few trawlers (at least lots of people call them trawlers) that aren’t trawlers but this boat is a trawler. However it falls short on accommodations. But is that needed? Probably so because trawlers are heavy cruisers. And cruisers have accommodations.

North Western Washington State USA
Nomad Willy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 08:48 PM   #26
Guru

City: St Augustine,Fl
I don't think the crane straps in the original pic were too close at all. I think your crane operator had it just right. Engine amidship, no real interior weight. In my experience, these peeps know their "bidniss".
Old 12-30-2017, 09:42 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Willy View Post
That’s where the engine belongs ..

That’s probably what the old “speed boats” like Chris-Craft, Correct Craft ect run so nice.
Ballance.

This boat is a trawler but dosn’t look like one. There are quite a few trawlers (at least lots of people call them trawlers) that aren’t trawlers but this boat is a trawler. However it falls short on accommodations. But is that needed? Probably so because trawlers are heavy cruisers. And cruisers have accommodations.
Well, the term "trawler" is to me personally a bit superfluous. I've just quickly read through the current "what is a trawler-thread" and I feel attaching a specific stamp onto something is mostly about us humans trying to organise and - through that - understanding our environment.

Probably I'm also affected by the Swedish translation of Trawler - which is trålare. And a trålare is strictly the particular fishing vessel made to drag the "trål". so it's also a language thing I guess. So in that perspective my boat more related to commuting boats or fishing boats made to go out laying nets and to go picking them up again. However those traditional boats where around here almost always traditionally completely open (without pilot house). Small (mostly aft) pilot houses started to appear in the 70's I think. This particular boat is only based on old fishing boats and that's because they (the hulls) behaves well in the water.
This boats original purpose was only transportation of staff to a lighthouse and a pilot station.

The Swedish term for this kind of double ended displacement boat is "Snipa" (in Norway "Snäcka").
My mothers tongue is Swedish - therefore these references.

Thus my headline of this thread is actually slightly ironic. But I do indeed like the kind of boats that are typical leisure (or live aboard) trawlers. And I wouldn't mid owning one. However I'd probably aim for one that is not so frequently mentioned in this forum (If I one day had the opportunity - read money).
Old 12-30-2017, 09:43 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor of Fortune View Post
What a beautiful boat!
Thank you! I kind of like its looks too
Old 12-30-2017, 11:42 AM   #29

City: =
Vessel Name: Nimiane
Vessel Model: Finn 8
RBack,
Your boat is nothing less then SENSATIONAL !!!
Such a smooth looking slippery craft and the full keel - very impressive.
I would like to see a picture of the bow, is it flared ? There seemed to be quite some water coming onto the windscreen from a moderate looking sea in the video.
What does she weight and is she ballasted?
My boat is originally designed in Finland from an imported mould and built in Australia in the early 1980's. Also a double ender.
bogranjac1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 12:28 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogranjac1 View Post
RBack,
Such a smooth looking slippery craft and the full keel - very impressive.
I would like to see a picture of the bow, is it flared ? There seemed to be quite some water coming onto the windscreen from a moderate looking sea in the video.
What does she weight and is she ballasted?
My boat is originally designed in Finland from an imported mould and built in Australia in the early 1980's. Also a double ender.
I don't really have a good photo of the bow directly from the front. It's quite flared but it doesn't have an "extra step" that projects spray more sideways. The spraying in the film sequence comes from the shortness between waves (the boat goes more through them) and the strong head wind that immediately blows the spray over the wheelhouse. Here's slightly bigger/longer waves but less spray:
https://www.facebook.com/robert.back...9435110983744/

Your boat looks way more practical than mine. I was partly looking for something similar but happened to stumble over this one and completely fell for it - despite its flaws of inconvenience when it comes to practicality and space. There are a few boats similar to yours in my harbour. However they don't have the fore-cabin which is rather unusual around here.
Old 12-30-2017, 12:33 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogranjac1 View Post
RBack,
I have a few friends - who with honest in their voices - says my boat is ugly.
But it's a shared laugh. The 60's design seems to be more attractive on cars than on boats.