Need info on 1974 26' North Sea built by Beaver Glass Hulls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hapibeli

Vessel Name
Geordie Lad
Vessel Make
North Sea 26 trawler Beaver Glass Hulls
WE bought a 1974 North Sea 26 by Beaver Glass last summer 2019. I searched for info and found little. We bought the "Geordie Lad" because sailing was over for us, and are nearing the sale of our 1981 Yamaha Y30. I plan to have a trailer built in Richmond for our North Sea so I can reno the interior as well as do the usual on the hard over the winters.

Our boats are on a 6X30 foot float in Montague Harbor where we live here on Galiano Island. I don't want to leave the boat on the hook during the Winter anymore.

We have the Nissan SD (MN) 22 and everything about the boat seems in good shape, save for the bit of rot in the wood near an old leak in the back of the head, and around the stove, sink, and frig.

Motor runs good, hull looks good. I am going to get the strake measurements and weight of the Geordie Lad for the trailer company, but If I could get those from plans, or a twin boat to it, how sweet it would be?

As it is, I have tentative appointment in Maple Bay on September 16 this year, (2020) to haul it out for a looksee and weighing, if their new lift is ready by then.

We bought it because of the Albin design, heavy glass, and SD 22.

If you have any info that might help as I move forward, I would appreciate it?

Thank you,

Dirk

Galiano Island V0N 1P0

Last edited:
At first I thought you had an Alweather.
Any pics of your North Sea 26?

Would like to putz on up to Montague but not to do now.
I think our 25 Albin was 4,000lbs if that helps for estimating.

Welcome to TF, and good luck in your venture.

Google has weights for many small sailboats.
Columbia 26: 5900 lb
Crown 28: 6700 lb
etc

Looks a lot like a Yar 26 except for the aft cabin.
Maple Bay marina has their new 50t travel lift assembled. Looks ready to go. (12 Sept 2020)

Hello Dirk,
If you are still the owner of Georgie Lad, please reply such that we may share boat specs. Thx.
Gino

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom