Monitoring/Gauge Software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nautibeaver

Vessel Name
NautiBeaver
Vessel Make
Nordlund 68'
Hello All,

Been a forum watcher for a while now. Good stuff, and now i almost check daily. I am refitting my electronics (including much of the wiring) and a lot of my boat. The boat was built in 92 and had redundant everything but old everything as well. I have gutted every single component and started new. Furuno NN3D system in the FlyBridge running Foruno Radar, Sounder, ect all on NMEA 2000 system. I have converted all of the old analog gauges to NMEA and did the same with the 30+ toggle switches. I did this using the Chetco Seagauge and Seaswitch. I have replaced all the stand alone units in the pilot house with 3x19" LCDs attached to a computer running NObletec Tridant.

My Question:

All of my data is visable via NMEA 2000 and through the Chetco Web Server as part of the Chetco Gateway. I am going to use two IPADs for my upper (above my head) dash to show Engine/Weather info using nGauge software for iOS. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and uses any visually appleaing software on a PC to show this data. The chetco hardware is working well, but visually it is lacking a bit for the interface.

attached old and new pics. STill a work in progress.......

Attachments

• IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_8082.jpg
    IMG_8082.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_5164.jpg
    IMG_5164.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 77
OK- I'm officially jealous :)

How easy was the Chetco install?

Luckily, I have an awesome marine electrician helping me, Matt Netting from Petrel Maine. The wiring was pretty straight forward (as I watched him do it).. The updating and configuration was challenging as times but once you figured it out, it is pretty straight forward. I got two sea switches, a gateway, and a remote.

I am doing the updates, config on the devices so I can troubleshoot as we are pushing the digital limits a bit.

Just wish visually it was better. I really like the nGauge stuff but won't something like that on one of my monitors.

On the weird fact side I can turn on my wipers from my iPhone at home. ;)

Back
Top Bottom