Merry Christmas from the Low Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wonderfulwade

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
LAZY LIBRA
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 44
Hello all,

What an awesome site and resource we have here and I'm honored to be a new member.

Just got back from Panama City after buying my new girl, the soon to be re-commissioned "SLOWPOKE" , a 44' Marine Trader trunk trawler.

I have a mechanic going thru a punch list on the twin Lehman 120s and Koehler 8kw along with a few other things. Also have a diver scheduled this week for a scraping and running gear inspection.

Me and my buddy are headed back down there on the 26th to bring her the 985 NM back here to Charleston via Carrabelle to Tarpon Springs, Okeechobee waterway and ICW,

First thing back she's getting hauled and will be on the hard for 6 months as she needs lots and lots of love. When done, I'll have parted with most possessions and become a full time live aboard cruiser.

I will post my progress and adventures and am sure I will need advisement here from time to time.

Glad to meet you,
-Wade
img_397263_0_b314ea8a0de7ed29306b38f80932496d.jpg

That's a nice looking boat!

I hope you have a heater. It could be pretty cold by the time you get back to the Charleston area, I'm assuming in January.

Welcome Aboard Nothing more fun, more stressful and more apprehension than bringing the new baby home. I remember my experience. It was riskier than i planned but ended well.

Nice looking baby you have, and think of the 'love' she needs as a fun way to spend some time with your baby.

Welcome to TF.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on the new boat. The trip sounds like fun. Several people have made that trip lately (from Panama City to Carrabelle and then down to the Tarpon Springs area,) so I'm sure they will be able to give you some good advice and suggestions should you want them.

Welcome aboard. Very nice looking trawler. Merry Christmas to you !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom