We are new to the forum and trawlering in general. We are looking at a 2004 Mariner 38 Orient but cannot find one single article providing an independent review of this vessel. Does anyone have any information about the quality, history, etc. of this model/manufacturer?
We have given considerable thought to our requirements/needs for a trawler:
- Euro style covered cockpit
- 2 berths (not a convertible area)
- 1 head
- fly bridge and helm
- dual equipment at both stations
- bow thruster w/stearn thruster a serious "wish"
- windlass w/flybridge and helm controls
- as little wood to maintain as possible
We're not sure how old is too old since we are not handy with engines and other repairs (yet).
Would most appreciate comments from all the experienced traweler captains out there!