Old 05-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #1

City: Viņa del Mar
Talking Looking for a Trawler

Hi Trawlers team !!...., This is my first time in Trawlers Forum, ..just because I used to sail on a Jeanneau 54 , in Chile ( My country in South America)..Now , I´m looking for a Trawler to be use with my familiy in the southern part of Chile , ...the weather here is like Washington State, and my idea is: two engines, 36 to 44 ft, not older tan 2003, Salon, Bridge inside, beds for 6, easy maintenance, low failure rate, cruise speed 18 kts. or more, and with a Budget between $150 to $250 thousands dollars.

Please...Can You advice something about type, class of boat or area to find the right trawler.

Best Regards and thanks.

Eduardo Preuss
eduardopreuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #2
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
Eduardo:

You present some interesting and conflicting specifications.

Your accomodation requirement probably means at least 40'. Your speed requirement means twin 400+ hp engines. These define a so called "fast trawler" like the Sabre 42 Express. But the 2003+ criteria blows you out of the water as a 2003+ Sabre lists for $350,000 or more.

Also realize that the great majority of these boats are going to be found in the US. I wouldn't try sailing one down to Chile on its own bottom. So shipping as deck cargo will add another $50,000 to the cost.

So something in your list of requirements has to give. How about a nice slow Krogen 42? It will do 8 kts efficiently and with the right preparation can be sailed down the Chile on its own bottom.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #3

City: Viņa del Mar
Looking for a Trawler

Thanks David for your Comments, are very clear and usefull..we are thinking in bring it to Chile on a Cargo Vessel...Do You know something about Riviera Boats ? ( From Australia)

Regards

Eduardo
eduardopreuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
Valued Technical Contributor

City: Litchfield, Ct
Yes, I have a basic familiarity with the Riviera line. I doubt if any one would consider one a trawler, even a "fast trawler".

But having said that, I don't think that the 40' or less models will sleep 6. But they will meet all of your other requirements. The 42' flybridge model will probably sleep 6, but is just out of your price range.

Go to yachtworld.com and enter your search parameters. You will find lots of Rivieras.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote