long time lurker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Magnawake

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Blue Bayou
Vessel Make
Hatteras 43 MY
Hello All,
Long time lurker here. Just over three years ago we bought our 43' Hatteras MY. Love every minute living aboard. Now we have been doing some traveling in Florida and want to go father. We have been meeting many new friends are happy with the cruising lifestyle. We might try to sell our 43 and get a sailboat or long range Hatteras. I will post pictures of our girl and see what happens.

Welcome Magnawake. Great screen name for a guy with a boat named Blu Bayou!

I hope you come to your senses before you buy a sailboat to replace your Hatt. Unless you're a young guy who loves labor and a life listing at 30 degrees, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. Hopefully it's not too late for us to talk you out of it.

Welcome to Trawler Forum.

Holy Crap !!! I miss spelled Blue. I left off the e. You guys might talk me out of the the sail boat who knows. We love our Hatt though. The screen name Magnawake comes from a windsurfing group that ragged me about the big wake I produced from my windsurfing board. I'm not as skinny as they are.

Last edited:
Welcome aboard. The sailboat versus trawler debate is never ending. My opinion is that there are some locations where a sailboat is a drawback, Florida for example, anywhere on the ICW and definitely any attempt at the Great Loop. A trawler can be a drawback here in the Eastern Caribbean where the marine services industry is not geared for the complexity of North American trawlers.

Enjoy the forum and contribute.

After 3 years on your Hatt, the notion of buying a sail boat to go motoring along with slack sails is too ghastly to contemplate. I'm sure you'll come to your senses.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom