Let me introduce myself…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eagle40

Vessel Name
IMAGINE
Vessel Make
TransPacific/Eagle 40
Hi! My husband and I have been full time cruisers now for three years. We are full time cruisers, no house, no cars, a storage shed of antiques and family heirlooms.
Year One: Cruised our new to us TransPacific Eagle 40 to The Chesapeake Bay and back to Stuart FL.
Year Two: DownEast Loop, wintered in Washington NC
Year Three: The Great Loop, returning to Stuart FL.
Currently: Docked at Washington NC for a couple of weeks visiting family and friends then heading north to Canada, third year, to do the Triangle.

Welcome. Sounds like you've got things figured out! What's the triangle? Out the St Lawrence?

What's the triangle? Out the St Lawrence?
Up the Hudson, Erie Canal to Oswego, St. Lawrence to Sorel, right turn

& down Richlieu & Chambly Canal to Champlain then back to Hudson. Great trip!!

Welcome, you'll find this is a great place to hang out, share info and ask questions. Nice bunch of folks on here who are quick to answer your questions and give advice.

Agree w RTF...
If you want to do the above do a little of the 1,000 Is then back to Kingston to add Rideau to Ottawa & Ottawa River to Montreal then continue on the Chambly & Champlain. You won't miss much of the St Lawrence and the Rideau add is well worth it.

Last edited:
200w.webp

So I just checked, the fee to get a boat through the Panama Canal under 50 feet is $1300. Forget the Canadian East coast... lol ..... and come to God's country, the Pacific West Coast and coastal British Columbia.

Now this is more Northern in Alaska, but just to wet your whistle so to speak:

Gotcha, thanks.

I'm heading up through Lake Champlain from the Hudson this summer on my way home to Toronto. Really looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom