Let the adventure begin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

delta cat

Hi All;
My husband and and I have been sailors for years and still are; we just sold our Catalina 30 and downsized to a Santana 525. I will be retiring in December and we were researching options. We have always wanted to live aboard, but our friends who live aboard their sailboats rarely go out because of the inconvenience. We decided to sell our dirt house in the mountains and move aboard a trawler, having our sailboat for day adventures in the Delta and Bay. After much looking, researching and making lists of what we needed, we found a trawler that fit our needs, with one problem; it is on the East Coast. We are in the process of having it transported out to the Pacific Coast as I write.
The Ocean Alexander '43 is named Plan B; a 2 stateroom, 2 head, single diesel with plenty of logical storage.
Once it arrives, we will spend the next few months nesting and getting ready for the final move to be dirt free. Our family is all up and down the Pacific coast, so our plan is to cruise from Ensenada to Seattle, as we please.Our home port for now will be in Isleton.
I look forward to reading, learning and sharing with all of you. My husband is also a member as Delta Dog.

Congrats! Welcome to the dark side... :)

Welcome to the forum! A new chapter begins.

Ted

Welcome and good luck with the transition.

As a Bay Area former sailor who went dirt-free, I can say that you won't look back. Welcome aboard!

Richard

Congrats! How is it being transported? When do you expect it to arrive?

Welcome aboard. We are very proud of the step you have taken.

Welcome aboard, we cruised the delta for 20+ years out of Discovery Bay on our 36 ft Gibson houseboat called Delta Swizzler before retiring in 2015 and heading south. Now beginning our second full year here in the Sea of Cortez with no regrets, so jump in the water is fine, cut the lines as soon as you can and get out here

welcome! We just moved our trawler from Isleton to San Mateo in January. Are you at Hidden Harbor with the sailboat? Are you having the OA trucked out? Sounds exciting!

Welcome aboard, and please share pics of your boat, of you using it, the waters you cruise on, etc.

Welcome aboard, and please share pics of your boat, of you using it, the waters you cruise on, etc.

I can't seem to post pics.... the message repeats "upload of file failed"..... any helpful hints?
Never mind... I figured it out :)

Last edited:
welcome! We just moved our trawler from Isleton to San Mateo in January. Are you at Hidden Harbor with the sailboat? Are you having the OA trucked out? Sounds exciting!

Hi Jennifer !
We are at Owl Harbor with our sailboat and the trawler has a space reserved as well. We have good friends at Hidden Harbor, though; Mary and Manny.

The OA is too big to truck! Who knew? the cost of being newbies, I guess. Our choices were to take it through the canal ourselves or with a hired captain, or have it shipped by transport ship. Since I don't retire until the end of the year, we decided it would would best for us just to use the transport ship.

And yes, It has been quite the adventure so far.... and it's not even on the west coast yet!

Back
Top Bottom