Kasten Marine Design and Boojum 25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodsman

I am hoping someone may have current info about either or both of these. Have sent emails to Kasten with no reply and also unable to find current owner of Boojum. Kasten has some very interesting designs and am considering building 30' version of Boojum but really need some info. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Sorry, I can’t be of any help. I appreciate his website and designs, and would be interested in your endeavors moving forward.

There is a Coaster 40 up in my area (the blue and yellow one from his website) built by Reyse Marine in BC, I believe.

Good Luck

A lot of people reading my post but no one seems to know anything about either Kasten the designer or the little boat, wonder if he's still in business since so hard to reach.

I remember Kasten and the Boojum design... Never seen one but I'm and east coast guy. I love some of the larger Kasten designs.

Geez, haven't seen Boojum for 16-20years up in Port Townsend.

Tator

Charles that had Boojum 25 built lives in Portland now it looks like but haven't been able to get any response from him either. Due to privacy laws now can't find out current owner of boat off the fed site so not sure if he still has it or not.

I’ve always been a fan of his designs. It appears from his web site he’s still in business. Current 2020 Copyright and Plan List updated August 2019. Keep trying.

John

Still no reply from Kasten, even sent email asking if he is still in business and my interest in purchasing plans. Maybe he is out hiding on a boat somewhere from the current crisis.

I could be wrong, but I thought I recently had read that he had passed away.

Tator

Tator, I am happy to report I have finally made contact with Kasten through another designer and he is alive and well. In semi-retirement my emails were not initially replied to however things are good now.

I'm glad to hear that! I awoke this AM with the thought that I was confusing George Buehler with Michael Kasten as I had always thought that Boojum was a Buehler Diesel Duck design. Sadly, George Buehler passed away in 2018.

Tator

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom