Just purchased 30' Pilot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michellesar6

Vessel Name
It's 5 O'Clock Here
Vessel Make
Mainship 30' Pilot
Hi all,
My husband, who has been a sailor all his life, and I, who have been a motorboater all my life, came together and bought a 2000 30' Mainship Pilot. We are very excited to bring her home on Friday. She will be berthed in a marina in Sarasota and hope to take trips to the Keys, Abacos, Bahamas etc. Hopefully, we will be able to get some good pointers from being a member of this Forum. We would also love to meet new people with our same interests and possibly travel together. There's always safety in numbers.
Happy boating.

Welcome. Pilot 30, great boat! Lots of ex sailors here, no worries

I'm jealous of anyone in Sarasota, Capt Brians Seafood Restaurant and Market is one of the best fish eating places in Florida. The seafood chowder is to die for and they often have hog snapper on the menu. Grouper Reuben is awesome too.

:thumb::socool:

Captain Brian's

We were there Saturday night. It's our favorite seafood restaurant.

Last edited:
Hogfish. Really in the wrasse family. To a spearfisher, it presents itself like a sheet of plywood. Easy to hit.

We bought a 2003 Mainship Pilot II the end of 2015. We love it and expect you will yours. Here are some pictures I posted in the General Discussion/Cruising photos thread. The Mainship has really opened up our cruising destination options in the North East.

Trawler Forum - View Single Post - Cruising photos

Thank you for sharing the pictures of your beautiful boat. We can't wait to start traveling with our new purchase.

Pray tell, what is "hog snapper"?

Hog Snapper or Hog fish is a troublesome species often part of "bycatch" or trash fish thrown back as having no value. Ugly too

:socool:

Attachments

• hog.jpg
    hog.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 245
Our family has a one firm dinnertime rule when eating out at restaurants: "Hogfish. If its on the menu, order it!

All the best with your Pilot, have had mine about 2 years and love it!

Thanks we pick it up on Friday. Can't wait for our fist trip.

Welcome, Sarasota is one of our favorite stops too. We had never heard of Capt. Brian's it is now on the to do list.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom