Introducing Lazy Susan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lazy Susan

Vessel Name
Lazy Susan
Vessel Make
2011 Mainship 355 Pilot
Hi all. My wife, Susan and I purchased a 2011 Mainship 355 Pilot in April of this year. The boat was in Pompano Beach, Florida. We live in NYC and tried unsuccessfully to have the boat trailed to NY. Thanks goodness for that.
We then decided to take it up the Intracoastal. My wife stayed home with our 16 year old daughter and I flew down to Florida to start the adventure with a well seasoned sailor.
We left Pompano at 7am on May 8th and made it to our home port in NY on May 16th.
One of the best things I've ever done. Nine nights in nine ports. Eating in every port was good.
Diesel was expensive in May, but the single 315 Yanmar is stingy on fuel. We burned about 6.5 gallons per hour.
Put 100 miles on the engine on the trip North and an additional 140 hours throughout the season in the Long Island Sound with multiple trips down to the Statute of Liberty with daytrips up the Hudson.
My Lazy Susan thinks we may need a bigger boat........

You should have taken the wife and daughter along. It would have been just as good for them.

pete

Welcome to TF. And yes, definitely try to take wife and daughter next time opportunity arises, but no doubt there were reasons on this occasion. :flowers:

I’d imagine there were good reasons for not taking them. While this was no doubt an adventure, it was also a delivery grind. 11 hours a day for 9 straight days. No time for exploring or sightseeing. Work and school for wife and daughter could also have been an issue.

Maybe just as well. Keeping a tight long distance delivery schedule could be enough for some people to swear off boats. There’s plenty of time for leisurely family outings and no reason you can’t go back and revisit more of the east coast if you want. Until then, the Hudson, LIS and NE can keep you and your family occupied for a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom