Intro to me.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RobH2

Vessel Make
Shopping for one.
Hello, Robert here. Currently in San Antonio, but moving soon and will be near salt water. Not sure where just yet. I have learned over the years with my kind of boating, an outboard is the way to go. Dependable, quiet and shallow draft to get into skinny unknown waters pretty safely.

Looking for a trailerable/transportable trawler type boat to keep in a slip and enjoy the area, but to take to other areas also to expand our travels and to load up to avoid hurricanes. The Rosborough 246 looks like a good start, but the head is pretty tight. The MotorCat's look pretty good also, but few and far between. The new Great Harbour TT35 looks like it might be perfect, but out of budget. We are into cruising, weekending with the occasional week or so, maybe a hope to the Bahamas/Cuba might be nice also. A used boat is what we are after budget wise.

Thats pretty much it. Thank you and I am enjoying the stories here. Back to reading and hopefully someone else is like me and found a great solution.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Lots of possibility out there if you have imagination and are handy.

Ted

Welcome to TF. IMO a HUGE part of the pleasure of getting a boat is the search for it. Looking at lots of boats, walking on and crawling around lots of boats. What a great way to spend a day or a month.

Boats are a big investment so I always recommend to people shopping for a boat to "Buy your second boat first."

By that I mean don't rush into a boat purchase just so you can have a boat. Many people do that only to realize a year down the road that what they bought just isn't what they want or need. So they trade it in on the boat they should have bought first....and that gets expensive.

So take your time, do your due diligence and buy your "second boat" first.

Exactly GFC. I have had a number of boats over the years and luckily have chosen pretty well for my needs. It usually takes a long time of searching. It is fun, I do enjoy it. Thank you for the reply.

Welcome. Check out C-Dory and Ranger Tugs. Both have trailerable and outboard models.

Thanks Porman. The C's are too fish based with larger cockpit. Looking for more interior. Ranger is nice but expensive. Prefer to stay under that price point. Always a game.

Welcome aboard. This is the place to be for all information concerning trawlers.

Welcome aboard Rob. Good luck with the hunt. Tis' the Season!
Dave

Welcome-might have to build your own-good luck with your search

Back
Top Bottom