Old 03-06-2021, 12:12 PM   #1

City: Anchorage
Vessel Name: Soleil du Nord
Vessel Model: Hans Christian Independence 45 1991
Hello All

Well we did it. After looking and searching for the boat that we liked and wanted, we pulled the trigger on a 45’ HC Independence trawler. She does need some work but the boat is a pretty girl. She just needs some love. My wife (best wife ever) has decided that she wants to be a Looper. So we’re going to get the glass work, systems checked and repaired, and new electronics while she’s still on the hard. Wish us luck!!!
Soliel du Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:42 PM   #2
Guru

City: Oconto, WI
Vessel Name: Best Alternative
Vessel Model: 36 Albin Aft Cabin
Welcome Aboard!!

Being that you are a new kid we will let it go but you neglected to tell us about the boat, the engines, the cost, work done and work needed and of course PICTURES.

Once you correct those errors you can make another post and tell us about yourselves, age? kids? ,where is "Wasilla", pets, etc.

of course, just kidding. but seriously tell us more and show us more.

pete
Pete Meisinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard. And congrats on your new boat. Like Pete said, we will need photos.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #4

City: Anchorage
Vessel Name: Soleil du Nord
Vessel Model: Hans Christian Independence 45 1991
Ok, I’m still a newbie about posting. So...My name is Rick and my wife is Vickie. She is a retired insurance broker and I own an engineering and construction company. We have 4 kids between us and 6 grandkids. We have 2 dogs Piper and Radar both Jack Russell terrorists.

The “Nord” has a 221 Ford Saber TC diesel with 2100hrs. NL 9kva genset. She needs some glass work and has some moisture in the transom glass. The electronics need to be upgraded (all from the 90’s.) I expect her to be in the boatyard for a few months, and we’re prepared for that. We bought her at the right price to allow us to repair her and bring her back to the boat that she should be and what we want. I’ll try and post pics soon. Wish us luck!!!
Soliel du Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:14 PM   #5
Guru

City: .
Vessel Name: GOTCHA
Vessel Model: Hatteras 58 LRC
Welcome Aboard!!
Old 03-06-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Art
Guru

City: SF Bay Area
Vessel Model: Tollycraft 34' Tri Cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliel du Nord View Post
Ok, I’m still a newbie about posting. So...My name is Rick and my wife is Vickie. She is a retired insurance broker and I own an engineering and construction company. We have 4 kids between us and 6 grandkids. We have 2 dogs Piper and Radar both Jack Russell terrorists.

The “Nord” has a 221 Ford Saber TC diesel with 2100hrs. NL 9kva genset. She needs some glass work and has some moisture in the transom glass. The electronics need to be upgraded (all from the 90’s.) I expect her to be in the boatyard for a few months, and we’re prepared for that. We bought her at the right price to allow us to repair her and bring her back to the boat that she should be and what we want. I’ll try and post pics soon. Wish us luck!!!
Sure do wish you luck!! Welcome... I believe your photos will eventually be cool to see!
Art is offline   Reply With Quote