Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexasBryan

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Pegasus
Vessel Make
52 Prima Seahorse
Hello from Texas!

We recently converted from a transition-sized cruiser to a full size trawler.

Our boat is a 52' Prima Seahorse with a serial number that ends with 001. If you ever come across another one, please let me know! The only similar boat I have ever come across is a 45' Prima Seahorse with similar lines and finish.

We are only weekend warriors, but someday we hope to extend our range when are ready to retire.

Attachments

• IMG_0406.jpg
    IMG_0406.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 108
Welcome aboard!

Yes, thank you for the HIN decipher code! The builders portion of the serial number is 5201. The 52 seems to indicate the length as the 45 foot model caries the serial number "45XX".

I'm still hoping to find another 52' model; Getting insurance for a one-off was no easy task!

Bryan, that's a nicely done video.

I'm not sure if everyone else does this, but when I look at another boat (pics or videos) I mentally compare it to our boat to see what I like or dislike about the other boat.

There's a lot to your boat that I really like. Wide walkways is probably chief among the things I liked on your boat. Lots of others, but the walkways are impressive.

Welcome to TF. Great bunch of boaters on here and they welcome even those of us who don't have trawlers.

Thank you GFC,
We came from a 40' Sea Ray sedan bridge and didn't have any immediate plans to up-size until we happened across this trawler at a local boat show this spring.

Our "want" list included: Easy walk-around (we're getting older!), a galley didn't have two stair steps to the salon (same reason!), a bow thruster for easier docking and a place for a dinghy. In addition to checking all the "want" boxes, the large engine room and interior wood finish of this boat made the decision an easy one.

I've read many of your adventures on Club SeaRay and I look forward expanding my knowledge base on the Trawler Forum.

She looks great!
Welcome!

Very nice, how is she powered?

Have you had her in any rough seas?

Twin Cummins 6CTA. During the survey she topped at 17 knots @WOT without working trim tabs. We generally travel for the journey, rather than the destination so WOT has not been repeated since the survey and repairing the trim tabs is far down the list.

We have not been in anything that I would consider rough seas, but it has handled some very choppy bay conditions without really even feeling it. The listed displacement in 46,000 lbs (dry).

She's a beaut, Bryan! Great layout and trim.

Everything you need and nothin' that you don't. Should be a great vessel for fun times ahead.

Welcome aboard. Now lets talk about that Danforth!:flowers:

Hello from Texas!

We recently converted from a transition-sized cruiser to a full size trawler.

Our boat is a 52' Prima Seahorse with a serial number that ends with 001. If you ever come across another one, please let me know! The only similar boat I have ever come across is a 45' Prima Seahorse with similar lines and finish.

We are only weekend warriors, but someday we hope to extend our range when are ready to retire.

Welcome to trawlerland. We just converted from sail to power so we are newbies too. Beautiful boat. Send some more photos

Jack
Endeavour 44 Cat Trawler “two’s Company

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom