Howdy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil_Abney

I’m swinging by to say hello and introduce myself. I’m Phil and I have a wife, Amanda, and a 4 month old son, Abel. I’m currently AD military stationed in landlocked New Mexico. The wife and I dream of settling down on a Fleming 55 or a Nordhavn 55 on the East Coast for a full time home.

I grew up in southern Louisiana inshore and offshore fishing. I’ve got a ton of experience running center consoles from 18-40 feet long. But none on a trawler :( I’ve always dreamed of running/living on a raised pilothouse trawler. I’ve got 10 years till I retire from the military so that means I’ve got 10 years of boat hunting and learning to do!

Welcome Phil.

Those are two radically different boats, built for two radically different cruising styles as well. There are a lot of other brands in between too. Enjoy the hunt!

Welcome aboard. A Fleming 55 had always been my deram boat... until I saw a Fleming 58.

Welcome aboard. A Fleming 55 had always been my deram boat... until I saw a Fleming 58.

I hear you’ll always want a bigger boat, however just the wife and I handling it I think 55 feet is plenty of space and boat for the two of us!! Cheers!

Phil,
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service!
Both boats you mentioned are fantastic. If you are planning on going "offshore" then the Nordhavn might be best, otherwise, whatever one you "fall in love with".
Good luck,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom