How to Post Pictures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
I see that the How To Post Pictures is closed BUT I just discovered how to fix incorrectly posted pictures, at least with an iPhone.
I tried the "edit using a photo app" and that did not work.

Take the picture with the phone rotated left or counter clockwise from upright (button on bottom). KOliver posted about having the camera in the top left position. That is with the iPhone rotated counter-clockwise as I found out.

Yes, that is the 'native' position for a correctly orientated landscape pic, on an iPhone, anyway. Camera is then top left.

It gets bit trickier if you want to upload a pic taken with the button at the bottom for a 'portrait' orientation, as the camera is then top right.

The upload pics software does not seem to like pics taken in portrait, so tends to turn them over to an on-the-side landscape orientation, as you found - corrected by our own Mod Shrew.

Maybe Shrew might come in here with a clear explanation as to how he corrects pics that appear on their side..? :)
'cos I'm not completely sure I know how to do that myself, and I'm a mod as well. Hey, we don't claim to know everything. :D

If I posted a picture that did not upload correctly I would note orientation, delete and rotate my original and then upload. Of course Shrew can do that with access to forum editing.

1) Save picture locally to a PC

2) Open with an image editor.

3) rotate image

4) "Save As" and overwrite the existing image with the rotated image.

5) Upload the rotated image.

Thanks Shrew. Saved to 'notes' on my laptop. Just in case. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom