How many members now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soin2la

Guru
The New Member Orientation thread was started in April 2014 and stated 25,000 members.
So, like the title asks, how many members now?

The New Member Orientation thread was started in April 2014 and stated 25,000 members.
So, like the title asks, how many members now?

At the bottom of the home page is the statistics, 24,812 members right now ........... :thumb:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.23.10 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.23.10 AM.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 28
Thank you sir, missed that. Is there any breakdown by country?

If you go to "Community" on the menu at the top of the screen and select "Members List" and then "Search Members" on the right side of the screen (roughly in the middle) and then select "Advanced Search", you will be able to get close to what you are looking for.

Enter "0" in the field "is Greater than or Equal to" and select a Country from the drop down list. For example, when I select Sweden, I get 68 TF members -- most have not posted anything. So, unfortunately, you have to do this country by country. I haven't managed to find any workaround to get the whole list where it shows country.

I found it interesting to see that in the whole of TF, about 14,000 members have never made any posts!

Good luck!

I found it interesting to see that in the whole of TF, about 14,000 members have never made any posts!

I used to be a moderator in another forum unrelated to boating, but with all the forums I have belonged to (many) the great majority of members have one or zero posts.

68 members from Sweden ?! Where are you. If someone from Sweden read this lets get in contact.

68 members from Sweden ?! Where are you. If someone from Sweden read this lets get in contact.

Hi Casita!

I am in Malmö. Boat is in France, as we haven't been able to continue our Med. travels due to Covid-19.

Hi you Casita, I am a neighbor from Finland, Åbo, but so certain when summer arrives, then I am in Swedish waters.

NBs

Last edited:
If you go to "Community" on the menu at the top of the screen and select "Members List" and then "Search Members" on the right side of the screen (roughly in the middle) and then select "Advanced Search", you will be able to get close to what you are looking for.

Enter "0" in the field "is Greater than or Equal to" and select a Country from the drop down list. For example, when I select Sweden, I get 68 TF members -- most have not posted anything. So, unfortunately, you have to do this country by country. I haven't managed to find any workaround to get the whole list where it shows country.

Good luck!

Haha thanks! That's an interesting forum thread tool. Naturally, I'm bored because I'm here on a boating forum sitting in front of the woodstove in the middle of winter. I was curious to see who had postings in excess of 7500,10000 and 15000 posts. In each instance, it was less than a single page of members. With an average posting count of .44 posts per day, I come on here when it's cold outside and bored, when I need specific information, or when I want to share information.
I don't see myself as having opinions on anything multiple thousands of times (unless you ask my wife!). How in the heck do these folks find the time to even use their boat ??!!

Liveaboard and prefer the internet to TV.

Long stretches of ICW or coastal legs on autopilot really give time to post.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom