Old 01-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #1

City: Vero Beach
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
Vessel Model: Nimble Nomad Hull #1
Honored

Hello all.
My name is Herman. I am in process of buying Nimble1's vessel, Sweet Pea, Hull #1. I am so honored. Happy to have finally found our Nimble, although a bittersweet sense for sure. From what I have read on threads and in his files, Tom was passionate about his boat. Tom's passing was announced on page 5 of the Nimble1 thread. May he Rest in Peace. I appreciate his passion and am honored to have the opportunity to begin our cruising journeys with my wife in Sweet Pea, I hope to be worthy of his vessel and will do my best to keep his passion going.. We live in Vero Beach, FL. I am looking for specifications for a trailer for the Nimble Nomad. Sweet Pea has lived on a lift for apparently the past 25 years. I have spoken with the Nimble factory and Performance Trailers, the company that made the trailers for the unique flat bottom with keel is no longer in business. The Nimble Nomad has some unique requirements. I need to get specifications for another company to build me a trailer. If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated. I look forward to being a member of the Trawler Forum!
NimbleNomad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2019, 07:19 PM   #2
Enigma

City: Slicker?
Greetings,
Welcome aboard!
Old 02-01-2019, 08:58 PM   #3
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
So great to hear that Sweet Pea has found a good home. Owning hull #1 is awesome. You own a piece of maritime history.

I own a hull #1 also and learned that is some areas, it was a bit of a prototype build which was improved upon in following models. It's like driving that first of its model Chevy, but it's a basic model without all the bells and whistles.

It's fun, all the same. Congrats on your new vessel and welcome aboard!

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:05 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

City: Au Gres, MI
Vessel Name: Black Dog
Vessel Model: Formula 41PC
Welcome aboard.
Comodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 10:08 PM   #5

City: Vero Beach
Vessel Name: Sweet Pea
Vessel Model: Nimble Nomad Hull #1
Thank you for your welcoming words. I was able to get some trailer specifications from the Nimble Boat works factory. They found a drawing and recommend a trailer builder. I realize this is moot for most of y'all just an update. I may be bringing her over on the Okeechobee Waterway to protect her from potential road hazards, too many trucks and shell pits. Does anybody have any experience to share for the Okeechobee Waterway passage from Ft Myers to Stuart? Thank you in advance
NimbleNomad1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nimble nomad, nimble1, trailerable trawler